Author Topic: Barca-Aurvandil  (Read 11702 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Barca-Aurvandil
« Topic Start: May 08, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »
Okay, someone fill the rest of us in.  Last I heard, Aurvandil owed Barca a region.

Zakilevo

Re: Barca-Aurvandil
« Reply #1: May 08, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »
Will Barcan regions continue to join Aurvandil? what is going on?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 08, 2012, 10:40:22 PM »
I'm going to throw out a wild guess, that Barcan lords are upset with Barcan leadership and are jumping ship.

There has been a lot of civil discord in Barca for a while, and this is either the onset of a civil war, or some sort of rebellious nature.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 08, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »
Upfront payment for future services, perhaps?  ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 09, 2012, 12:45:01 AM »
It's old Thulsoman players who moved to Barca throwing a fit about not getting their own army to boss around. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #5: May 09, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »
One lord was banned, and took his region with him, and the other lord was his friend.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 09, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »
It's old Thulsoman players who moved to Barca throwing a fit about not getting their own army to boss around. :P

^ This.

And what you see is Barca having banished one of those said players, after weeks of him failing to pay any fines levied or defend himself against accusations. A few of us had a feeling this might happen.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #7: May 09, 2012, 01:59:55 AM »
Damn dirty Thulsomans. More of them should have met the executioner's axe. Their fealty should not be trusted.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 09, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
Of the three lords who defected, only one was from Thulsoma, the other two didn't even join the game until Caerwyn was long in the grave, which was a long time after Averoth was put in the grave, which was a long time after Thulsoma was also put in the grave. You can't blame everything that happens in the game you don't like on the Thulsoman's, particularly when by and large it involves a majority who weren't even in the game when Thulsoma was even a relevant memory.

But no, do go on.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 09, 2012, 05:19:10 AM »
Of the three lords who defected, only one was from Thulsoma, the other two didn't even join the game until Caerwyn was long in the grave, which was a long time after Averoth was put in the grave, which was a long time after Thulsoma was also put in the grave. You can't blame everything that happens in the game you don't like on the Thulsoman's, particularly when by and large it involves a majority who weren't even in the game when Thulsoma was even a relevant memory.

But no, do go on.

False.

One that hasn't left yet, but may:
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31463&HistoryLevel=3

Three that did secede with their regions:
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=30437&HistoryLevel=3
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31395&HistoryLevel=3
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=32782&HistoryLevel=3

The first two listed there (30437 and 31395) are both long-term Saxons, playing in Thulsoma and Averoth, and Arcachon shows up as well. And apparently they were just in Barca as plants, twiddling their thumbs with their "Freikorps" (am I the only one who finds that term distasteful, combined with the obsessive Saxon naming conventions, militarism, and pretensions at imperialism? Does BM have a nascent fascist movement?).

So please. Get your facts straight.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 09, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »

But no, do go on.

You don't think that the players in that group don't delete and recreate accounts on a regular basis? Evidence suggests they do, actually, and it's been a hallmark of how they operate for years, since at least the time when they were blatantly exploiting family gold mechanics. They used to create new families, drain them of gold, then delete them and rinse and repeat. You are either sadly oblivious to how they operate or you are dissembling, but either way you should recognize that many of the families in Aurvandil have legitimately earned the distrust of the community, from the Developers on down to those players who have had in-game dealings with them.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 09, 2012, 06:24:11 AM »
This is crazy... Maybe they are North Korean gold farmers?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 09, 2012, 07:38:23 AM »
This is crazy... Maybe they are North Korean gold farmers?

that's a compliment for BM, in a weird way :P also I think you mean South-Korea or China?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 09, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
twiddling their thumbs with their "Freikorps" (am I the only one who finds that term distasteful, combined with the obsessive Saxon naming conventions, militarism, and pretensions at imperialism? Does BM have a nascent fascist movement?).

When I saw that they named that lord's army name was "Freikorps" it stuck out me as weird too. At first, I was like "wow, that's really not appropriate and possibly offensive" and second I was like "and it doesn't even fit into Barcan RP/culture as far as I am aware."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14: May 09, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
I'm going to throw out a wild guess, that Barcan lords are upset with Barcan leadership and are jumping ship.
There has been a lot of civil discord in Barca for a while, and this is either the onset of a civil war, or some sort of rebellious nature.
Since the end of Julius' reign there have been a known dissident movement. Since last election, they lost most of the influence within the realm. Now we banned on of their Lords, who changed his allegiance, and other dissidents are following his lead.

Upfront payment for future services, perhaps?  ;)
Yes, we are planning to invade Paisly with the help of Aurvandil. Now Terran is occupied, Barca will reign over Marrocidens.  ;D

The irony is, they had their own army to boss around. Only they never appointed a Marshal or Vice-Marshal.

When I saw that they named that lord's army name was "Freikorps" it stuck out me as weird too. At first, I was like "wow, that's really not appropriate and possibly offensive" and second I was like "and it doesn't even fit into Barcan RP/culture as far as I am aware."
On both counts you are right. But what I assume is what inspired them to name the army this way was the bases of the German Freikorps, that it was a paramilitary army.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar