Author Topic: Barca-Aurvandil  (Read 11889 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Barca-Aurvandil
« Topic Start: May 09, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
I'm going to throw out a wild guess, that Barcan lords are upset with Barcan leadership and are jumping ship.
There has been a lot of civil discord in Barca for a while, and this is either the onset of a civil war, or some sort of rebellious nature.
Since the end of Julius' reign there have been a known dissident movement. Since last election, they lost most of the influence within the realm. Now we banned on of their Lords, who changed his allegiance, and other dissidents are following his lead.

Upfront payment for future services, perhaps?  ;)
Yes, we are planning to invade Paisly with the help of Aurvandil. Now Terran is occupied, Barca will reign over Marrocidens.  ;D

It's old Thulsoman players who moved to Barca throwing a fit about not getting their own army to boss around. :P
The irony is, they had their own army to boss around. Only they never appointed a Marshal or Vice-Marshal.

When I saw that they named that lord's army name was "Freikorps" it stuck out me as weird too. At first, I was like "wow, that's really not appropriate and possibly offensive" and second I was like "and it doesn't even fit into Barcan RP/culture as far as I am aware."
On both counts you are right. But what I assume is what inspired them to name the army this way was the bases of the German Freikorps, that it was a paramilitary army.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar