Author Topic: Barca-Aurvandil  (Read 11704 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Barca-Aurvandil
« Reply #15: May 09, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
Paisly was supposed to be Barca's anyway, I'd say you have a solid claim on it ;)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 09, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=32782&HistoryLevel=3

Ah, Nerthus.  Hello again, my lying, cheating and clanning friend.  Do you miss Thalmarkin?  We sure miss you.  All we need now is for Numerius to show up and we can have ourselves a proper reunion. :-*

To anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of this group's company, this is what they do.  They demand their own "elite" army to plot a rebellion.  When, as General, you assign yourself to it to keep an eye on them, they take their communication private.  When you get suspicious, they take it out of the game entirely.  Don't make the same mistake that we did in Thalmarkin and give them "a chance".  They'll just use it to advance their plans.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 09, 2012, 01:30:14 PM »
False.

One that hasn't left yet, but may:
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31463&HistoryLevel=3

Three that did secede with their regions:
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=30437&HistoryLevel=3
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=31395&HistoryLevel=3
http://www.battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=32782&HistoryLevel=3

The first two listed there (30437 and 31395) are both long-term Saxons, playing in Thulsoma and Averoth, and Arcachon shows up as well. And apparently they were just in Barca as plants, twiddling their thumbs with their "Freikorps" (am I the only one who finds that term distasteful, combined with the obsessive Saxon naming conventions, militarism, and pretensions at imperialism? Does BM have a nascent fascist movement?).

So please. Get your facts straight.

You're telling me to get my facts straight, you even go so far as to as to dig up family pages, but you're so incorrect it's hilarious. Lusitania has been with Aurvandil for nearly a year, the regions that defected were Celtiberia, then Gallaecia, and then Kydonia, of which Celtiberia has the lord Frederick Bickerstaff, Kydonia Lady Ceinwyn, and Gallaecia Lord Tostig, the only Thulsoman.

By all means continue with your impassioned hatred of Thulsoman's, but at least get your facts straight before you involve Aurvandil in it.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 09, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
You don't think that the players in that group don't delete and recreate accounts on a regular basis? Evidence suggests they do, actually, and it's been a hallmark of how they operate for years, since at least the time when they were blatantly exploiting family gold mechanics. They used to create new families, drain them of gold, then delete them and rinse and repeat. You are either sadly oblivious to how they operate or you are dissembling, but either way you should recognize that many of the families in Aurvandil have legitimately earned the distrust of the community, from the Developers on down to those players who have had in-game dealings with them.

The players who "earned the distrust of the community" were deported from Aurvandil, or at least those of relevant importance.

Also, creating families and draining them of wealth, then deleting them is not only massively impractical and inefficient, but under the game mechanics at current it's pretty much impossible and has been for over a year. So whether or not that was how they used to operate, which I doubt since they didn't have lots of new accounts being created and then deleted (I was in Libero Empire, so I actually interacted with them on a regular basis, unlike most who cast accusations), they aren't operating as such now and that makes your point incorrect and irrelevant, unless you mean solely on a past tense basis, then it is irrelevant and arguable.

I wonder if by your wealth of evidence, you merely mean a hunch you've convinced yourself of through circumstantial evidence.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: May 09, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
The players who "earned the distrust of the community" were deported from Aurvandil, or at least those of relevant importance.

No, a random sample of them was deported.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 09, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »

Also, creating families and draining them of wealth, then deleting them is not only massively impractical and inefficient, but under the game mechanics at current it's pretty much impossible and has been for over a year. So whether or not that was how they used to operate, which I doubt since they didn't have lots of new accounts being created and then deleted (I was in Libero Empire, so I actually interacted with them on a regular basis, unlike most who cast accusations), they aren't operating as such now and that makes your point incorrect and irrelevant, unless you mean solely on a past tense basis, then it is irrelevant and arguable.

I wonder if by your wealth of evidence, you merely mean a hunch you've convinced yourself of through circumstantial evidence.

We also only deported those who had characters in Fontan and Aurvandil. There are thus quite a few families in Aurvandil that we didn't even consider deporting.

In Averoth, a Dev crunched some numbers and figured out that that realm had benefited from family gold to the tune of more than 30,000 gold over time. And that was, to my knowledge, without even taking advantage of the exploit that was pioneered in Thulsoma. Therefore there is obviously still a way of draining family gold into a realm that is efficient enough to make it worth bothering with if you don't really care about building up a family's reputation and you're only in it to 'win' it.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 09, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
And this, my friends, is why I dislike the possibility of warring Aurvandil, or even siding with them in a war. It's either gonna be a massively unfair war, or a massive flamefest. Probably both. I'll take 10 more civil wars in Luria before one war with Aurvandil involved on either side

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 09, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
@Geronus: the family gold excesses in Averoth were not so much exploits as loopholes. Those were closed after they were detected and identified. Gyou can still get quite a bit of gold from your family. But the blatant farming and gold laundering that used to be possible have been dealt with.

Until some nimrod finds a new way...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 09, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »
@Geronus: the family gold excesses in Averoth were not so much exploits as loopholes. Those were closed after they were detected and identified. Gyou can still get quite a bit of gold from your family. But the blatant farming and gold laundering that used to be possible have been dealt with.

Until some nimrod finds a new way...

Ah, well that at least is excellent news. I take back what I said.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 09, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »
What is an exploit if not taking advantage of a loophole that the developers did not envisage?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 09, 2012, 04:46:55 PM »
Probably just semantics. But I consider it an exploit if you are knowingly doing something that should not be possible. Like changing a url from"?4" to "=4" causing an immediate free skill gain. That's an exploit. Loopholes are generally design oversights. Behaviors that were not anticipated. Like clicking links in the order ACB instead of ABC. This could just be my personal distinction, though.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 09, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
You're telling me to get my facts straight, you even go so far as to as to dig up family pages, but you're so incorrect it's hilarious. Lusitania has been with Aurvandil for nearly a year, the regions that defected were Celtiberia, then Gallaecia, and then Kydonia, of which Celtiberia has the lord Frederick Bickerstaff, Kydonia Lady Ceinwyn, and Gallaecia Lord Tostig, the only Thulsoman.

By all means continue with your impassioned hatred of Thulsoman's, but at least get your facts straight before you involve Aurvandil in it.

Woops, good catch on Lusitania. My bad. Doesn't change Lyra and Tostig, and the odd loyalty of brand-new players as well. More clannies? Probably....

I'll be honest. Any time I ever see a special army in correlation with a player who has been in multiple Saxon clandoms, especially in combination with several new accounts that don't post info and aren't active in many other realms, I am deeply suspicious. If I see them operate politically in tandem, my suspicions are confirmed.

I will believe it's not a clan the day I see players with family histories in Thulsoma and Averoth engaging in large-scale war against each other.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 09, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
I will believe it's not a clan the day I see players with family histories in Thulsoma and Averoth engaging in large-scale war against each other.

I'll believe it when they stop excluding other players and communicating out-of-game, since those are the fundamental distinctions we're trying to draw between solid team play and clanning.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 09, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
I'll believe it when they stop excluding other players and communicating out-of-game, since those are the fundamental distinctions we're trying to draw between solid team play and clanning.

That's the line the Magistrates have chosen to adjudicate on. That's never the line I thought best. The line I would draw would lump most old BM players as clanners as well, and rightly so, IMHO. But that's off-topic....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 09, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »
Is there a light shining from your arse or is it just me? ;)