Author Topic: Barca-Aurvandil  (Read 11902 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Barca-Aurvandil
« Reply #15: May 09, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
The players who "earned the distrust of the community" were deported from Aurvandil, or at least those of relevant importance.

Also, creating families and draining them of wealth, then deleting them is not only massively impractical and inefficient, but under the game mechanics at current it's pretty much impossible and has been for over a year. So whether or not that was how they used to operate, which I doubt since they didn't have lots of new accounts being created and then deleted (I was in Libero Empire, so I actually interacted with them on a regular basis, unlike most who cast accusations), they aren't operating as such now and that makes your point incorrect and irrelevant, unless you mean solely on a past tense basis, then it is irrelevant and arguable.

I wonder if by your wealth of evidence, you merely mean a hunch you've convinced yourself of through circumstantial evidence.

We also only deported those who had characters in Fontan and Aurvandil. There are thus quite a few families in Aurvandil that we didn't even consider deporting.

In Averoth, a Dev crunched some numbers and figured out that that realm had benefited from family gold to the tune of more than 30,000 gold over time. And that was, to my knowledge, without even taking advantage of the exploit that was pioneered in Thulsoma. Therefore there is obviously still a way of draining family gold into a realm that is efficient enough to make it worth bothering with if you don't really care about building up a family's reputation and you're only in it to 'win' it.