Author Topic: Nobles & Adventurers Question  (Read 2795 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Nobles & Adventurers Question
« Topic Start: May 10, 2012, 07:04:42 PM »
Out of curiosity, how does one unlock more than 3 total characters? I know one way is account age, but I'm quite sure I read of other ways somewhere.

I really, really love this game, but am much too active for my own good. :P I'm an Insurance Broker, freelance writer, novelist, amateur poet, and musician, so I'm ALWAYS online, work or pleasure. Having just 2 nobles is wonderful, but I'm very ambitious and active and would like the chance to place in more servers. =)

If this is impossible then I have no complaints to voice. I'll simply wait until I've unlocked further slots naturally! I absolutely love this game and have recruited a dozen of my friends to it as of the week I've been here, and surprisingly enough, every single one of them instantly fell in love with BM! I run my own roleplay website*, from which most of these players heard of BM, and my main work is in the scifi genre**. This makes it all the more amazing that every one of my recruits have liked BM as much as they do. I would definitely love to bring even more players to this wonderful game! Hell, who knows, maybe I might gain a few players for my own roleplay games in the process. Thanks for your help, patience, and attention! Have a wonderful day!

With honor,
G. John Struck

--- --- ---

*My website is a creative hub for writers, illustrators, animators, and musicians to network and work on their roleplay. It is still under construction and closed to the public, though I use it to run various RPs with a dozen or so friends. New members are always welcome nonetheless. =)

**My primary and most popular project, Rise of Hyperion, a 6-part series that spans about 15,000 years of Human post-modern space-age history, is hard-scifi.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles & Adventurers Question
« Reply #1: May 10, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »
If you haven't already, you can donate to Tom to gain an extra character slot for a week per Euro you send him.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 10, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
Information on the various limits is explained here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/CharacterLimits

For active Characters, it's either account age or medals that can get you +1, and you can also donate to get another +1 active character. For Noble limit, it's family fame and the donate option also gives you +1 Noble limit (Every 1 euro received by Tom gives you 1 week of goodies I believe, it's all explained on the donation page).

I believe in the past making your info public also allowed you to play more then 2 characters, but I don't see it written anywhere on that page. Not sure if that's still around or not. Otherwise perhaps that should be added to the CharacterLimits page once it's confirmed.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 10, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »
I'll definitely do that once I'm no longer nearly-homeless. :P Things are starting to look up for me and I just got a MAJOR employment offer, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it. If I can, I'm most definitely donating to this awesome game.

Why pay $60 USD for a console game I'll beat in 3 days when I can donate 10-20-30-40 to an independent developer who provides a game I'll play more consistently, conveniently, and for a much longer period of time?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 10, 2012, 07:13:34 PM »
I'll definitely do that once I'm no longer nearly-homeless. :P Things are starting to look up for me and I just got a MAJOR employment offer, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it. If I can, I'm most definitely donating to this awesome game.

Why pay $60 USD for a console game I'll beat in 3 days when I can donate 10-20-30-40 to an independent developer who provides a game I'll play more consistently, conveniently, and for a much longer period of time?

It does, lets you play 3, but only 2 nobles max. How does one get medals, anyway? Are they gifted by admins, by high-ranking players, or by regular players?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 10, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »
Donations give you +1 Active Character and +1 Noble limit (just to be clear).

Medals are explained in full here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Help:Medals. Basically they are gifted by other players, but you only get the option to gift them to others when you have a certain amount of them yourself. Medals you get by well following what is said on the page for each one. Personally, every once in a while, I go through my messages and gift them to players who I think deserved them or when a certain RP stands out for me.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 10, 2012, 07:25:21 PM »
=)

Thank you very much for all the help. I've read all the suggested wiki pages and thank you all for referring me to them!

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: May 10, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
1) Donation

2) Sharing public information (under edit data)

3) Getting 5 medals and having 20 fame

Is there anymore?