Author Topic: New Kabrinskia Conflict thread  (Read 4772 times)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
New Kabrinskia Conflict thread
« Topic Start: May 10, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
Was a rather rash decision to close it because of the possibility of crossing information between the game and the forums.  We knew about the item before Allison said anything to Glaumring.  We had IC conversations with Haktoo on her way to Golden Farrow where she mentioned going there for an item (and that she would fulfill a favor for Allison), and coupled with the Zuma demands of magical items from Barca it wasn't hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Glaumring has always been a hothead switching positions or calling for war, but internally the ceasefire was something that the council has been discussing for days now.

He might have shared OOC information from Allison but I hadn't even noticed because it was nothing new to us...

Whats the end of goal of closing the thread?  Now we can't talk about in game events on the forum?  Yes it was in poor taste what Glaumring did, but it didn't change anything IG.  Are we not allowed to talk about this war now on the forums?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:09:10 PM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Regardling the closed thread
« Reply #1: May 10, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
I believe the thread was closed because of the insults and flaming, not because of OOC info migrating IC.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 10, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
This has nothing to do with Glaumring's inability to separate IC and OOC.

You have "Zuma suck" whine thread. Use it. When players start accusing the GM of taking an OOC grudge IG and using it to attack their realms, I start locking threads. When players don't get the hint that there will be no Zuma-bashing in threads, I will lock them. If you want to start a new thread to discuss the war in a polite and friendly manner, go ahead. But avoid the "Zuma suck and be removed" angle or guess what will happen to that thread, too?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 10, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
Fair enough

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: May 10, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »
I personally am glad that thread closed.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the closed thread
« Reply #5: May 10, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
If this is going to become a big thread, please edit the thread title. It's going to annoy me to no end seeing "Regardling" every time I visit the Dwilight forum.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding the closed thread
« Reply #6: May 10, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »
If this is going to become a big thread, please edit the thread title. It's going to annoy me to no end seeing "Regardling" every time I visit the Dwilight forum.

Haha, done

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: New Kabrinskia Conflict thread
« Reply #7: May 10, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
Much appreciated. :)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 10, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »
Okay so shall we begin guesses as to what Allison will ask for?

My guess: Her betrothed's head on a stick, which she'll present to the Moot to end the war and to Malus to have Kabrinskia join as a federated realm of Luria.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 10, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »
A cooler unique item, with her name on it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 10, 2012, 10:39:45 PM »
I want to answer two things from the previous thread:
1. The Zuma GM accusing me of lying about their attack being unannounced. No, not lying. It wasn't. The first communication I received from Haktoo concerning it was about a week or two after they'd been in Demyansk. Had we not retreated, we would have been in a battle in Demyansk and not had an explanation for over 2 weeks. Yes, that's partly because of OOC activities, which is fine. But, just as the Zuma GM resents being called malicious, I rather resent falsely being called a liar as well.

2. Tim asking what I want- I've said it multiple times in every thread about the Zuma. I want the Zuma to stop stopping every conflict. If they want to attack Terran alongside Kabrinskia and destroy us, fine, go ahead. Do it. Better that than where we all sit around and stare at each other and argue about the Zuma. If they want to go back home to their Volcano, fine, go ahead, and stay there. If the Zuma are going to be out and about interfering in human politics, they shouldn't do so as the peace-enforcers. They need to either stay home and be an RP curiosity that is only moved by events of fantastically huge magnitude (like if realms were actually planning to destroy them) or else actually use their power as a GM should: to shake the game up, prevent stagnation, and keep it interesting. I have said that or something to that effect every time the Zuma have ever been discussed. But their current behavior is very difficult to play alongside, and not just for me. Super-secret dealings with a few players brokering stagnation is not fun.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 10, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
Oh, look, another locked thread.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.