Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPierreD

Quote from: dustole on June 05, 2012, 02:10:32 AM
I dont think it was a bug.  I was already travelling so he couldnt arrest me since I wasnt in mistight anymore.  I waited til I was out of terran before posting here.

You are still in the region until you have traveled half of the way.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

dustole

Priest travel is different.  You are still "in the region"  even when you are 1 hour from your destination.  I dont think you can arrest a priest who is traveling...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

Hmm, will a dev please confirm whether or not this is true so there is less confusion and/or arguements about it?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Graeth

Everyone needs to quit whining about priest travel IMO
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Ehndras

No, it was an error, complete with full error message. You were captured, but the game glitched.

Pwomp pwomp.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Kellaine

maybe she moved out at the exact time as you started moving
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Uzamaki

Perth

Definitely looked like a bug to me.

Even came with the script saying she was successfully captured.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

Quote from: Perth on June 05, 2012, 11:59:42 PM
Definitely looked like a bug to me.

Even came with the script saying she was successfully captured.

Yup. It was definitely a bug. It was the normal arrest message, then an error script below it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

I was over 16 hours of travel away from Mistight before you even tried to arrest me.  That is why I waited to say I was in Terran lands until after I was already travelling.  By the time the Lord/Lady of Mistight even messaged me I was only 1 hour out from Overroot and had started to build up more hours in my time pool.   

Priests don't enter a new region when they are 1/2 way there.  They are simply shown as being in the region they travelled from until they get enough hours to arrive and even then you gotta wait until turn change. 

I hope that helps for whomever is filling out the bug report.  I will log into the bug tracker and try to find the report as well.

Vellos

Quote from: dustole on June 06, 2012, 01:03:11 AM
I was over 16 hours of travel away from Mistight before you even tried to arrest me.  That is why I waited to say I was in Terran lands until after I was already travelling.  By the time the Lord/Lady of Mistight even messaged me I was only 1 hour out from Overroot and had started to build up more hours in my time pool.   

Priests don't enter a new region when they are 1/2 way there.  They are simply shown as being in the region they travelled from until they get enough hours to arrive and even then you gotta wait until turn change. 

I hope that helps for whomever is filling out the bug report.  I will log into the bug tracker and try to find the report as well.

I don't know if he filed it.

But how do you even know when he tried to arrest you?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

I was in mistight for only a few hours while I gained hours in my time pool.   Once I hit 16 hours I travelled to Overroot and even though I was travelling I was still shown as being in Mistight.  The reason I believe that it happened after I set my travel is because no one made mention of noticing me.  Further no one from Terran even said anything until I posted on the Forums that I had just dashed through Terran. 

I was in Mistight for at least a day and a half but only a few hours of that time was I actually /in/ Mistight and not travelling.   That leads me to believe that the noble who tried to arrest me did so while I was travelling.

Perth

Quote from: dustole on June 06, 2012, 01:58:38 AM
I was in mistight for only a few hours while I gained hours in my time pool.   Once I hit 16 hours I travelled to Overroot and even though I was travelling I was still shown as being in Mistight.  The reason I believe that it happened after I set my travel is because no one made mention of noticing me.  Further no one from Terran even said anything until I posted on the Forums that I had just dashed through Terran. 

I was in Mistight for at least a day and a half but only a few hours of that time was I actually /in/ Mistight and not travelling.   That leads me to believe that the noble who tried to arrest me did so while I was travelling.

Okay...?

He still apparently successfully captured you. It was just a error that kept you from actually being captured.

I'm not saying you should be drug back and we should have a re-do or anything like that. You got through, congrats.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

dustole

Im just saying that I believe the error has to do with priestly travel.  Its poor form to complain about a bug and not make a bug report

Ehndras

A bug report was made.

Also, Priest travel is somewhat like Adventurer travel then, and you're still liable to be arrested until you actually physically arrive in the other nation. I IC rationalize it as being 'near the border, but not quite at your destination', hence why you can still be apprehended.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.