Author Topic: Falkirian freestate, new averoth?  (Read 3216 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Falkirian freestate, new averoth?
« Topic Start: August 13, 2012, 11:24:15 PM »
Can someone tell me why these averothian families are still clinging on joining the same realms?
Falkriians freestate, a realm founded from Aurvendil is ~6 out of 9 averothian families. 
Is this OOC ganging yes or no?
Should it be put to the magistrates?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Falkirian freestate, new averoth?
« Reply #1: August 13, 2012, 11:46:22 PM »
As a Magistrate, I will tell you straight up that such a report would not be welcomed unless it comes along with actual evidence of exploitation or exclusivity. Simply seeing them in a realm together is not sufficient evidence at this point. We have dealt with a rash of cases concerning these players lately, and most of them have quite frankly amounted to witch hunts. I would go so far as to say that these players are practically being persecuted based purely on their reputation. I suggest you go through some of the recent cases if you would like to better understand our thinking on this subject. Or, if you still have questions, move this thread to the Courthouse Q & A board, which is probably where it should have started out.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 13, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
+1 Geronus. Witch hunts without provocation amount to nothing but everyone looking at each other like they are an exploiter.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 14, 2012, 01:14:58 AM »
Players are allowed to play together so long as they do not exclude others. If you have evidence they are exlcuding others, then present it.

Honestly, this is no different from, for example, former characters from Heen getting together to reform it on BT. Or former OR players all going to Nivemus. People often choose to play with other people who's style they enjoy. I don't see this as any different, so long as they play fair, according to the rules.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 14, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »
As a Magistrate, I will tell you straight up that such a report would not be welcomed unless it comes along with actual evidence of exploitation or exclusivity. Simply seeing them in a realm together is not sufficient evidence at this point. We have dealt with a rash of cases concerning these players lately, and most of them have quite frankly amounted to witch hunts. I would go so far as to say that these players are practically being persecuted based purely on their reputation. I suggest you go through some of the recent cases if you would like to better understand our thinking on this subject. Or, if you still have questions, move this thread to the Courthouse Q & A board, which is probably where it should have started out.

+1

Basically, we'd just copy-paste the verdict I wrote for the last case on this subject... and probably add in a few more harsh words for whoever brought up the case.

If you have evidence of abuses or exclusivity or exploits, open a case. Failing that, no case.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #5: August 14, 2012, 04:28:03 AM »
I would cheer on Tom bolting the one making the complaint.

There are plenty of players who play together, to the exclusion of others. The only difference is, they aren't known to have come from outside game, so we think it's "okay" and they are just "roleplaying that their families go way back because they do", etc, etc.

I've spoken with the new ruler of the freestate, and he seems like a nice guy. I don't know if he's a saxon or not, and I don't care, as long as he follows SMA.

Jim

« Reply #6: August 22, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
+1 Geronus. Witch hunts without provocation amount to nothing but everyone looking at each other like they are an exploiter.

I'm glad someone finally called it for what it is. I played in both Madina and Aurvendil for a short time, the atmosphere was no fun once the accusations in Madina started popping up, then I rolled over to Aurvendil and realized I didn't want to get caught up in any of what was going on between the two realms and deleted my character.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 11, 2012, 06:34:33 PM »
I'm glad someone finally called it for what it is. I played in both Madina and Aurvendil for a short time, the atmosphere was no fun once the accusations in Madina started popping up, then I rolled over to Aurvendil and realized I didn't want to get caught up in any of what was going on between the two realms and deleted my character.

You mean the ooc acusations or the Ic acusations?

The ooc where eventually definatly no fun.

But the IC once where LOADS of fun!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog