Author Topic: New Moderators Wanted  (Read 9500 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
New Moderators Wanted
« Topic Start: May 12, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »
We are once again looking for more moderators to help keep things running smoothly. If you think you can help, reply to this thread with a list of boards you think you would like to moderate. Either a whole set (Locals) or just one (I.e. Beluaterra, etc.)

Feel free to include any specific info as to why you think you would make a good moderator.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New Moderators Wanted
« Reply #1: May 12, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »
Also, if you are currently moderating a board, please reply here if you are interested in continuing to moderate that board. Some of our moderators have gone MIA, and we would like to remove the inactive ones.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #2: May 12, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
I would be willing to moderate the Dwilight board.

I'm on here everyday, and sometimes don't have much else to do. I'd be a good moderator because I'd make sure that any flaming and bashing of other players on the forum would be cut out and removed.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: May 12, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
I would like to moderate the East Continent board.

I am usually on 4-5 hours a day. I will try my best to stop people from trolling and flaming.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 12, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
I currently have the AT board, along with LilWolf.  If anyone is dying to take my spot, they can have it.  Otherwise, I'll keep on keepin' on.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 12, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
To be honest you should consider revamping the whole moderation system while you're at it. Taking care of a single sub-board doesn't give you much to do.

What I'd suggest is splitting the entire forum among 3-4 moderator groups and then lump interested people under them with the ability to moderate all the boards that belong to that group(so you'd have, say, a group that moderates all the island boards and general discussion). You'd need less people involved, though they might need to have a bit more dedication to the job(not a bad thing necessarily).
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #6: May 12, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
To be honest you should consider revamping the whole moderation system while you're at it. Taking care of a single sub-board doesn't give you much to do.

What I'd suggest is splitting the entire forum among 3-4 moderator groups and then lump interested people under them with the ability to moderate all the boards that belong to that group(so you'd have, say, a group that moderates all the island boards and general discussion). You'd need less people involved, though they might need to have a bit more dedication to the job(not a bad thing necessarily).

I don't know about the other island boards, but Dwilight alone could take two moderators.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 12, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
Yes, LilWolf, you're right. Individual board mods is probably overkill for most boards. Splitting at the top level would probably work. But we can work that out later. We really need more volunteers.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 12, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
I can moderate anywhere that's needed, but I would prefer the general board or a local board.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #9: May 13, 2012, 12:35:54 AM »
We are once again looking for more moderators to help keep things running smoothly. If you think you can help, reply to this thread with a list of boards you think you would like to moderate. Either a whole set (Locals) or just one (I.e. Beluaterra, etc.)

Feel free to include any specific info as to why you think you would make a good moderator.

I am interested in moderating the Dwilight board, but am willing to moderate any boards that are needed.

1. Dwilight is my Favorite island
2. I am online a lot and a dedicated BM player.
3. I would do a good job and not go inactive.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:38:26 AM by katayanna »
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

egamma

« Reply #10: May 13, 2012, 06:16:01 AM »
I'm happy to continue with moderating the boards I'm currently moderating. I wouldn't mind moderating some other boards as well, just pair me up with someone who is more active.

It bothers me when someone starts attacking someone else on the forums, the ZumaGM and Glamuring for example. I want to put a stop to that sort of behavior.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:38:21 PM by egamma »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #11: June 05, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
I would like to find about 3 more global moderators.

And I think moderators should more strictly delete postings that are nothing but back-and-forth between two players. Stuff that nobody but the people involved cares about shouldn't be on the forum.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #12: June 05, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
I would be interested in being a global moderator.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #13: June 05, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
As would I
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #14: June 06, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »
Could each of you provide more information on why you want to be a global mod and your background?

i.e. as stated in the OP
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.