Author Topic: New System - What can be done more  (Read 5379 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: New System - What can be done more
« Reply #15: May 16, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
As a fellow Lord and player of many such strategy-war diplomacy games, I second all that has been said in this thread and agree that an 'if you feel like it' system could definitely be used to make things more interesting for those like me, while preserving the streamlined and natural playing style of others who don't quite feel like expending time and effort on micromanagement.

...Micromanagement... Hnnnngg.... My OCD senses are throwing a party!
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New System - What can be done more
« Reply #16: May 16, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
The NPC market would have to sell based on what it costs now to build a thing in order for it not to be punishing to people who don't participate in the new wood/stone/etc economy, so that there would ultimately be no change in price.

That's not necessarily true. It would just have to be balanced properly.

We have changed the balance of prices and other such things before, both deliberately and less so. We might do so again—possibly making some things cheaper, and other things more expensive.

Or, as this is all still basically spitballing ideas, we might not ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan