Author Topic: Update Breakages and Questions  (Read 42295 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Update Breakages and Questions
« Topic Start: May 14, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
Post here for things related to the big stable update that happened today.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Update Breakages and Questions
« Reply #1: May 14, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
I was carrying about 250 units of food to a city and it has disappeared.

Thanks,
Scott

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 14, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
swholmes@gmail.com: That's because caravans no longer exist.

When I "Check taxes" of Hatdhes of FEI, I get this:

"Below is an estimate on your tax share for the next tax day. This is an estimate only, based on the current tax rate, distribution, player and region details, all of which may change before tax day.
For additional information, especially about the distribution system and weights, read the help page (click on the icon to the right).

There are two estimates given - one based on the hard values like gold and production, one based on the last tax. Either may be more "right", depending on how the region details change.

Fair warning: It is almost impossible to estimate the amount of realm-share gold that will be available on tax day. Thus, all the shares that depend on it will be wrong.

Error during database query
Please report the following error to the bugtracker, together with a short statement on when it occurred, especially on which page or action:
Table 'BMWorld7.OathOffers' doesn't exist

Query was: select sum(Share) from OathOffers where Level='Region' and Target=70 and awaits='vassal' limit 0,1

Calling script: /stable/CheckTaxes.php
Warning: mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/battlemaster/include/db.inc on line 230

Error during database query
Please report the following error to the bugtracker, together with a short statement on when it occurred, especially on which page or action:
Table 'BMWorld7.TaxSettings' doesn't exist

Query was: select * from TaxSettings where Realm_ID=28

Calling script: /stable/CheckTaxes.php
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/battlemaster/include/db.inc on line 234
Source    Estimate    Last Tax
Lord of Hatdhes   706 gold   541 gold   
Duke of Hatdhes   0 gold   0 gold   
Noble of Kindara   0 gold   12 gold   
Total   706 gold   553 gold   
Property Tax:   5% above 1000 gold or bonds   Wealth Tax:   10% above 2000 gold or bonds

Taxes are set to be collected in 5 days."

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 14, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
Check Taxes doesn't exist any more on Testing, not sure if we should still have a link to it. The Govern Estate now gives you your Income Estimate, and the Realm and Regions page lists the tax day.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 14, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
Can the loyalty of a region be changed?

Yesterday I say 43% and now I see under 20%.

egamma

« Reply #5: May 14, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »
Can the loyalty of a region be changed?

Yesterday I say 43% and now I see under 20%.

Was the region subject to hangings or hard police work or taxes over 10%?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 14, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
check taxes link shouldn't be there.
to check taxes "normally"... you can also go to the "command" page..
firefox

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 14, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »
Was the region subject to hangings or hard police work or taxes over 10%?
I RTO'd the region.
Then: a CW-report tells:  Loyalty in the region also rose.
Then a Knights joins
Then: Daily Region report: Loyalty to your realm falls 3%.
Then twice:  aid the local police in your region capturing many suspects.

somewhere in between:

I lowered the tax from 10 to 5.

other things like CW and Courtier work didn't mentioned a loyality change.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: May 14, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »
I am a ruler and I am still a knight of a city. Pretty sure I can't be a knight if I am a ruler.

And cities like Ibladesh and Perdan's gold production didn't change much. Actually the gold production of most cities did not change much unlike the testing continents. Is this intended?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:49:18 PM by Zakilevo »

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: May 14, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »
Your estates will be fixed soon.  It's more important right now to fix the immediately breaking issues, if any.  Please remind me or another dev to turn on the cleanup for estate issues in a few days if it's still not resolved then.  (and yes, you do want it cleaned up since otherwise your char might gg in weird ways :P)

The CheckTaxes link will be removed.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 14, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »
Can someone give me a reminder of what the "balance" changes were with regards to food and gold for each region type? I'm trying to get an idea how this has changed things in my realm, but can't seem to pin down things as I didn't write down hard #'s before the change.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

egamma

« Reply #11: May 14, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
Can someone give me a reminder of what the "balance" changes were with regards to food and gold for each region type? I'm trying to get an idea how this has changed things in my realm, but can't seem to pin down things as I didn't write down hard #'s before the change.

consumption stayed the same--500 peasants consume 1 bushel every day. as far as production--rurals increased, everything else decreased, I think. exact numbers vary.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: May 14, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »

Stop worrying.

The region lords and their knights need to know, and they have received a message with the details.
The banker has a new overview page that tells him what he needs to know.

Everyone else should simply not worry about it and leave it to the people whose jobs it is.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 14, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
Stop worrying.

The region lords and their knights need to know, and they have received a message with the details.
The banker has a new overview page that tells him what he needs to know.

Everyone else should simply not worry about it and leave it to the people whose jobs it is.
I'm not worrying but I am a duke and region lord so it is my job to figure out whether my duchy is producing more or less food than before and how to address that. I know production of gold went up for my mountain regions but that's all that I can clearly see. Were all of the food balance changes for dwilight transferred as well? I'm assuming the 20% cut of food stores wasn't?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 14, 2012, 08:54:12 PM »
Is the new battle system included in the update?