Author Topic: Farewell thee, Giblot!  (Read 14384 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Farewell thee, Giblot!
« Topic Start: May 15, 2012, 05:38:05 AM »
I think Giblot about demise, deserve a good new topic on its own. Now Giblot left but 1 city.

Let us discuss the former glory and finally why Giblot come to this demise situation overhere ::)

Who will claim those Giblot former lands by the way? ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

Re: Farewell thee, Giblot!
« Reply #1: May 15, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »
3 reasons for demise:

1. Loss of players. New estate system is too late.
2. Lack of Diplomacy. Backstabbing Lukon, then not gathering allies while Lukon did--fatal mistake.
3. Lucius Dominitas. I can't stand him, he's more annoying than a Himoura. Drove me away, and probably several others.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 15, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
Good ole Giblot...

A ruler of the realm donated my family the gold needed to build our first palace as ruler of Lukon.  Back then it was that friendly relations that helped me to have them attack OT to keep OT from its continued raids into Lukon lands aiding Portion/alebad/alowca...

OT suffered for that... almost died themselves.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 15, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »
3. Lucius Dominitas. I can't stand him, he's more annoying than a Himoura. Drove me away, and probably several others.

I've said it a few times before, but, this. He is the only person I've ever snapped at OOC over their play style (I know, "bad Nathan") and I left Giblot because of it.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 17, 2012, 03:43:42 AM »
Lucius eh? My character Ash has a bit of conflict with him as well. Never like the time when he was Giblot Ambassador, as we cant come to any agreement. That was long time when Oritolon undecided whether want to stay out of the war that we already participated in the first round. Coupled with some internal conflicts within Ori, we never did march to Giblot for the second round of food helping :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 17, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »
Rakaarox would have contemplated peace but for Lucius... His attitude was enough for him to have all if his scribes executed before they could pass any messages on to Rax... And being unable to talk to the ruler you're at war with can hinder things somewhat...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 17, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »

I strongly dislike it when people are just purposely irritating. Having had the unfortunate 'opportunity' to experience this with some other players, I can sympathise. It looks like it cost a realm here, thankfully the cost was lesser in my case...

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 18, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »
I remember reading history book(Battlemaster Wikipedia of course) on Giblot greatest glory, which is reducing Outer Tilog almost to last land. Unfortunately I have not played BM at that time :(

egamma

« Reply #8: May 18, 2012, 01:29:44 PM »
I remember reading history book(Battlemaster Wikipedia of course) on Giblot greatest glory, which is reducing Outer Tilog almost to last land. Unfortunately I have not played BM at that time :(

Really? must have been right before you started. That's when I moved to Giblot. I didn't move to Giblot because Wetham was on the downhill, but because the secret police had falsely accused me of being in the underground. Timing was...useful at least.

If only I hadn't recommended to the realm that we let what's-his-name be made Duke of Outer Tilog City...Giblot might still be around.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 18, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
Yes, letting Angus be Duke was a very surprising move, but it still took a lot of planning to get everything to happen at the right time (although the City seceding was a turn late I think, which was almost disastrous). That along with the incredibly fortuitous turn of events that we discovered a city hidden in Hollies Hills helped everything go the right way...

But Giblot's downfall is down to Giblot...

egamma

« Reply #10: May 18, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »
Yes, letting Angus be Duke was a very surprising move, but it still took a lot of planning to get everything to happen at the right time (although the City seceding was a turn late I think, which was almost disastrous). That along with the incredibly fortuitous turn of events that we discovered a city hidden in Hollies Hills helped everything go the right way...

But Giblot's downfall is down to Giblot...

Yes, that special dispensation--that no other realm in the game has been given--bothers me, OOC. Also, the Lich King thing too, although I've only heard second-hand about the Lich King.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 19, 2012, 12:07:32 AM »
Ahhh yes... Lucius... Former fellow from Lukon as I recall... 

Have to watch out for those sort.  Can be dangerous when  loyalties get crossed.

I am kinda sad with the going of Giblot.  Lukon has spent years avenging wrong doing.  One realm at a time including OT.  NOW what are we going to do :-D

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 20, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
It looks like Giblot city was restored to full population right after Giblot (realm) died. Kind of unfair, that Giblot's true owners had to suffer with only 3,000 population, but now the new owners get a full 25,000 population. It's all because of that population rebalance thing, which I don't even understand...

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 20, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »
It's rogue at the moment... Not entirely sure how the new takeover system works, but I think it would have been easier for us if we just had 3000 commoners to deal with rather than 26000 of them...

egamma

« Reply #14: May 20, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
It looks like Giblot city was restored to full population right after Giblot (realm) died. Kind of unfair, that Giblot's true owners had to suffer with only 3,000 population, but now the new owners get a full 25,000 population. It's all because of that population rebalance thing, which I don't even understand...

I think all the regions were reset to full population when they rolled back the second population adjustment.