Author Topic: Farewell thee, Giblot!  (Read 14466 times)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell thee, Giblot!
« Reply #15: May 20, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
Well at 3000 population it was only making something like 10 gold per tax week, so it would have been completely worthless to you guys. But at 25000 it should be making a couple hundred, so it's at least of some value.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 24, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »
How much CS does it take Lukon, Outer Tilog, Assassins to finally bury Giblot? I am rather curious considering Giblot city peasants are very much low in population. Low in population and surely low in gold tax as well ::)

Oh, well. The new owner of Giblot city will be...... to be continues :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Will Bell

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 24, 2012, 05:35:56 AM »
I did my best for Giblot while I was there.  But even from a young age Lucius was causing trouble for Giblot.  We in Giblot had forgotten his past but it seems he hadn't, and thus started small by destroying any and all chances we had to gain Allies.  Which I worked so very hard at, and in the process made some good OOC friends with the other Rulers. So yeah Giblot is gone... Lets rebuild it to be the Utopia I know it can be!  What do ya say Valast?  Wanna start a new Giblot?

egamma

« Reply #18: May 24, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »
Come join Oriolton! Republics make it so easy to corrupt take part in the politics of the realm.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 24, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »
Come join Oriolton! Republics make it so easy to corrupt take part in the politics of the realm.

Hmm... Not a bad Idea.  Or at least a realm full of hate for the surviving realms.  So bent on revenge that their very souls are on fire.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 25, 2012, 02:32:32 AM »
I'm not sure we have any of those left :)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 25, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
Lol, egamma. Yes, those refugees from Giblot should come over here to Orit. We have the best wine in the southland of Colonies island. My character Ash may have hidden a few wine barrels himself for your enjoyment :P

I take it, nobody going miss Lucius if he happen to get caught and executed, or deported, do anyone miss him? ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 25, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »
Well its kinda funny about Lucius...

He and Ares have been at odds for a long time.  Had it not been for that, I could have accepted his peace at the very end...as he would have become Lukon's puppet and allowed us to start a new war against anyone who was against them surviving.

Of course already knowing about all of that... it was not going to happen.

It is funny though that Lukon is mentioned in the killing of Giblot.  Lukon has not had an army up there in a long while.

Will Bell

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 26, 2012, 03:00:19 AM »
True Giblot did her self in.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 26, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
What a mess! A bunch of rouge regions who hate everyone. Whoever claims them will have a lot of work to do.
Was rather suprised Assasins and Outer Tilog had to handle this fight.  Especialy Assasins. It's a miget.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 26, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
No one even wanted Lucius to be king, but no one was active so he was the only one voting and his two characters outvoted any other single contestant. He also made himself general and I think some other positions.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 27, 2012, 01:43:06 AM »
None of those regions hate MT 8)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 27, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
Got a lot of Shadowist priests to perform the required takeovers? Otherwise MT isn't going to have an easy time taking them, and then there is the fang-toothed cadaver-eaters you'll inherent as neighbors who have their own opinion over the rightful possession of those regions. ;) As far as rogue regions go, they're not too difficult to break if the player in question dedicates his time to it and really focuses on bringing it around. Hulaferd was in much worse shape than many of those regions that formerly made up Giblot but I managed to turn it around with some help from the Assassin bureaucratic branch as Aramon. Assassins didn't have it too bad during the Giblot part of the war, just show up and lend their strength to the Lukon/Orit/OT mob when we went raiding northward. When it was Wetham/Giblot vs. Assassin/OT it was a lot hairier for the Assassins, with the threat of attack from both sides. Luckily for us Giblot/Wetham lacked the coordination skills Evil and I possessed or the Assassins wouldn't be around today to be considered. A solid combined effort during those days to knock out the Bakkers would have sunk the Assassins real quick. As it was, we did a pretty fair job in keeping Wetham pushed back into Frundi (and beyond) and turning around to keep Giblot out of Guild Lands.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 27, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Got a lot of Shadowist priests to perform the required takeovers? Otherwise MT isn't going to have an easy time taking them, and then there is the fang-toothed cadaver-eaters you'll inherent as neighbors who have their own opinion over the rightful possession of those regions. ;)

Well we have Innocent and he's very skilled at RTOs. After that it's just a question of food and general maintenance, something most of us in MT have a lot of experience of. We even have close to 1K CS to do some forceful civilising when things go a bit Lovecraft :)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 27, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »
When it was Wetham/Giblot vs. Assassin/OT it was a lot hairier for the Assassins, with the threat of attack from both sides. Luckily for us Giblot/Wetham lacked the coordination skills Evil and I possessed or the Assassins wouldn't be around today to be considered. A solid combined effort during those days to knock out the Bakkers would have sunk the Assassins real quick. As it was, we did a pretty fair job in keeping Wetham pushed back into Frundi (and beyond) and turning around to keep Giblot out of Guild Lands.

Actually it was my old character who saved Assassins from destruction (and also started the war). He blitzed Helsera from Giblot, than turned his attention to the South and crushed Wetham's pitiful invasion attempt. Then his power hungry banker killed him and history was rewritten.