BattleMaster > Magistrates Case Archive

Failure to abide by Magistrate verdict

(1/8) > >>

BattleMaster Server:
Summary:Failure to abide by Magistrate verdictViolation:Clause 2: Fair Play (Original Judgement)World:East ContinentComplainer:Ryan BaldockAbout:Joseph Lant
Full Complaint Text:

(This petition has multiple defendants as identified in the  "Fontan deportee returns"thread in the Magistrates Q&A forum - the second here is the player of the Cordon-D'Anerville family, ID is 29103.)

As identified by the player of the Dragul family, and Peter (aka Foundation on the forums) in the previously mentioned thread, the defendants have returned to their points of origin after a magistrate judgement was enforced against them due to being in violation of Clause 2 of the Social Contract regarding fair play and being in a group of players which did not invest in a constructive gaming community, as found by a Dev Team investigation as well as discussion and judgement by the Magistrates.

When the original case was brought by Tom, he proposed the following in his original complaint:

"I propose to break up the clan by deporting a randomly selected half of their members from both realms to randomly selected other islands, where they can then join realms of their own choice. I also propose to prohibit them from re-forming within the same realm at a size of more than one third of the number of characters in those realms for the period of one year."

While there was no explicit mention of this in the original judgement of the Magistrates, it should be noted that both players have returned to their point of origin after the minimum length of time possible as per the game mechanics regarding emigration allows for. As such, it is felt that both players are openly defying the verdict in the original case.

With that in mind, I ask that the Magistrates look again at the punishment handed out and consider whether any additional sanctions need to be carried out. There is precedent for this, as noted in the second case against the player of the Orton family and failure to disband militia completely after an initial Magistrate verdict on the matter.

Chaotrance13:
Addendum:

Posts detailing evidence of the "minimum time required" portion of the complaint are here:
Post #1 (Player from Fontan)
Post #2 (Player from Aurvandil)

I should also note that in the original discussion, it was in fact Velax who pointed out that one of the defendants had returned, not Katayanna. My apologies to Velax for that error.

DamnTaffer:
I would as a side note like to know how Velax found this information out? I quite doubt it was discovered from daily refreshing all the profiles of the deported saxons to see if they'd moved

Gustav Kuriga:

--- Quote from: DamnTaffer on May 17, 2012, 12:16:35 AM ---I would as a side note like to know how Velax found this information out? I quite doubt it was discovered from daily refreshing all the profiles of the deported saxons to see if they'd moved

--- End quote ---

Well duh. He'd know who to look out for because he saw them get booted out of his own realm. So he just saw the name, and went to the profile. It's relatively simple.

Velax:

--- Quote from: DamnTaffer on May 17, 2012, 12:16:35 AM ---I would as a side note like to know how Velax found this information out? I quite doubt it was discovered from daily refreshing all the profiles of the deported saxons to see if they'd moved

--- End quote ---

Not really sure how that's relevant, to be honest, but one of the deportees ended up in my realm on FEI. He made no effort whatsoever to integrate, never sent a single message that I saw, ignored all the messages I sent him, never moved outside the capital and then left back to EC. I assumed he would be returning to Fontan and I was not proved wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version