Author Topic: Failure to abide by Magistrate verdict  (Read 17630 times)

Fury

Re: Failure to abide by Magistrate verdict
« Reply #30: May 20, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »
A couple more preposterous comments have also been moderated.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #31: May 20, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »
The reason I returned to Dwilight is quite simple, Dwilight is the most interesting continent to play on and the only one I have a real character reason to be there. Atamara is a dead end by comparison, possibly the most boringly stagnant of all the continents. If I knew I was going to be taken for the chop I'd have happily stepped out from Fontan and East Continent and saved some of the others ( I can't recall who had the Enobled-Advy deported at the moment, but he'd been in the realm for well over 1000 days so I find it hard to see why he would be picked )

Anyway, If needs be I'll just make it easy for you and leave the game, because if I can't play where I would like to with the IC. backstory and RP. cause on specific characters then there is really no reason at all to play. I would like to be able to play Dwilight though if that is at all possible.

:-: This isn't a bugtracker I know but as a PS. you might like to know after Cold Storage I still have access and can send messages from Nathanial, which I assume isn't meant to happen.

Moderator note: If you find a bug please report them it to the tracker. Commenting about a bug here wont accomplish anything because there's no way to track it.

If you feel that way, then in all honesty I believe you should have appealed the verdict (specifically, your selection at random) to Tom directly before moving. Instead, because you didn't, you breached the judgment and other players spotted it. I am sure if you had asked Tom directly that you wished to return and gave a solid argument for doing so, he'd have considered it. Whether he accepted or or rejected it is a different matter, but he's not unreasonable.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 22, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
The reason I returned to Dwilight is quite simple, Dwilight is the most interesting continent to play on and the only one I have a real character reason to be there. Atamara is a dead end by comparison, possibly the most boringly stagnant of all the continents. If I knew I was going to be taken for the chop I'd have happily stepped out from Fontan and East Continent and saved some of the others ( I can't recall who had the Enobled-Advy deported at the moment, but he'd been in the realm for well over 1000 days so I find it hard to see why he would be picked )

Anyway, If needs be I'll just make it easy for you and leave the game, because if I can't play where I would like to with the IC. backstory and RP. cause on specific characters then there is really no reason at all to play. I would like to be able to play Dwilight though if that is at all possible.

:-: This isn't a bugtracker I know but as a PS. you might like to know after Cold Storage I still have access and can send messages from Nathanial, which I assume isn't meant to happen.

Moderator note: If you find a bug please report them it to the tracker. Commenting about a bug here wont accomplish anything because there's no way to track it.

Have you considered playing somewhere else on Dwilight, preferably somewhere not right next to Aurvandil? The whole point of this exercise was to express our desire to see you and the others who were deported not always play in the same realm with the same particular group of families who have come to our attention time and time again. That desire would be satisfied by seeing you play somewhere away from Aurvandil. Preferably far away.

May I also point out that virtually any other island is more exciting than Atamara, not just Dwilight. Why not give BT a try? If you're a sucker for fights against long odds, Overlord has about 24kCS of daimons in Qual awaiting your heroics. It shouldn't be the case that the only way you can have fun playing BM is when you're with the same specific group of people all the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 27, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
Soooooo...did anything happen with this?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: May 27, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Yes. And no. We actually made a decision, but we need help from the Dev team to enforce it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 27, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »
Yes. And no. We actually made a decision, but we need help from the Dev team to enforce it.

That's all very well, but to the best of my knowledge, the dev team has not actually been informed of this.

That's sort of important if you want our help.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 27, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »
That's all very well, but to the best of my knowledge, the dev team has not actually been informed of this.

That's sort of important if you want our help.

I know, I'm not casting blame or anything. The Backroom subforum doesn't say 'New' when a poll finishes, so I sort of just realized it myself.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 27, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
A verdict has been reached, and IG enforcement actions have been made. For anyone who desires to cite this case in the future, the final verdict was:

"As Joseph Lant has chosen to violate the clear intent of the previous Magistrate ruling relating to him, which flouts the community standards set in the Social Contract, the Magistrates have elected to continue deporting the characters in question.

"The goal of this unusual action is to compel the members of this clan to try playing the game separately, as individuals, rather than as a collective that plays the game primarily as a group. As it is their collectivist approach to conflict and power that creates the violations that we have determined exist, we believe that this is the best option to correct the situation and it is our hope that these players can learn to enjoy the game as it was meant to be. Further violations of this decision will result in further punishment. "

Magistrates voted 6-0 in favor of a guilty verdict, and 4-1-1 in favor of re-deportation (1 for permanent lock, 1 for 3-day lock).

This thread is locked. If you wish to continue debating the issue, it can be done elsewhere. If you have questions for the Magistrates, please take it to the Q&A forum.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:47:56 PM by Vellos »
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner