Author Topic: collaborative writing  (Read 4857 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
collaborative writing
« Topic Start: May 20, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
Hey yall,

I've found to my dismay that while I'm a good writer (so I'm told, and I'd like to believe that!) and I have a lot of ideas, I find it difficult to write stories and particularly longer novel-y works. And I find it comparatively easy to write scenes involving my characters here in BM. I think the reason for this is two; one, with no ultimate goal or pressure (say of publication, or of world-building and all that) I can sit down and type it out much more easily, and two, with others involved, the creative juices flow and seem to hold more water.

I still want to write a book though, so I'm inviting you to collaborate with me in a quasi-RP-like manner. Each of us takes at least one character and writes from that characters POV (in third person limited) in a shared setting. We put them together and think up some aspects of that setting and see what happens.

Any takers?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Gustav Kuriga

Re: collaborative writing
« Reply #1: May 20, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »
This sounds like a game I used to play, mizahar. It was fun, but was too structured for me. This sounds much better, I would love to be a part of it. Also, I have the same trouble writing long stuff as well, so you aren't the only one who has that problem.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 21, 2012, 12:03:26 AM »
I'd be up for it when I have time again, sounds like my favorite part of BM.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: May 21, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »
Sounds pretty awesome.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 21, 2012, 06:45:16 PM »
I will make a forum for this little project and send interested persons a link within the next few days.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

Well yes, but I'm specifically referring to non-BM related, not-strictly-roleplaying, fiction-writing type activity. ;)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 21, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »
This is not bad idea.

egamma

« Reply #7: May 22, 2012, 05:16:41 AM »
I will make a forum for this little project and send interested persons a link within the next few days.

Well yes, but I'm specifically referring to non-BM related, not-strictly-roleplaying, fiction-writing type activity. ;)

Maybe set up a wiki?

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 13, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
Are you folks still interested in this?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #9: July 14, 2012, 06:55:37 AM »
I am.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 29, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
I have made a forum for this.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 29, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
Avid writer here, I'm totally up for this.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.