Author Topic: Have armies carry food  (Read 8429 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Have armies carry food
« Reply #15: March 24, 2011, 06:03:17 AM »
Probably does more damage to your own regions then it would do to the enemy.

Depends on the situation.  Arcachon, for instance, given their current attitude of trying their best to deny everything to Arcaea, would be well served to try it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 24, 2011, 07:09:11 AM »
Been done on Dwilight against the Invaders :)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 24, 2011, 02:31:51 PM »
I'm not for this. Starving regions add a bit of challenge to a campaign. When faced with a starving region, you either go around it, or go through it and accept the likelihood of a few losses along the way. Healers can save most, if not all starvation casualties anyway, so it's not even /that/ much of a problem in the first place if you ask me.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #18: March 26, 2011, 06:43:34 PM »
Been done on Dwilight against the Invaders :)

Beluaterra you mean? Monsters apparently died fast in starving regions.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 26, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »
Ohh oops. Yes, Beluaterra. It was used against Daimons in the Third Invasion as well :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 26, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »
... Can the region lord get an account of the food lost? ...

Indeed, just as there is now a notification of when and by how much the militia decrease, it would also be good to see how much food is eating by non-citizens (armies). While I do not know how the mechanic works for armies in regions, it would certainly wake up some Lords (and especially Dukes) as to how much food /other/ people are eating.

So a Duke might not want armies to rally in his city. But it saves the knights and lords money to do so, while costing the duke (he buys the food with his cold gold cash!). Strife. Conflict! Realms in revolt! Cities burning!

Okay, so I exaggerate :) But it would add a new dynamic.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 27, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
Indeed, just as there is now a notification of when and by how much the militia decrease, it would also be good to see how much food is eating by non-citizens (armies). While I do not know how the mechanic works for armies in regions, it would certainly wake up some Lords (and especially Dukes) as to how much food /other/ people are eating.

So a Duke might not want armies to rally in his city. But it saves the knights and lords money to do so, while costing the duke (he buys the food with his cold gold cash!). Strife. Conflict! Realms in revolt! Cities burning!

Okay, so I exaggerate :) But it would add a new dynamic.

Good thought.  I'll try and get that implemented when I have some time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan