Author Topic: Luria  (Read 351946 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Luria
« Topic Start: May 21, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »
Umbrella thread for all general Lurian chatter which has no other home, defined as being about one of the following realms: Luria Nova, Luria Vesperi, Pian en Luries, and Solaria.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1: May 21, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
I will start: Solaria's geography is approaching maximum ridiculousness.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 21, 2012, 01:39:30 AM »
As long as you don't hit Toupellon-Ludicrousness, you're fine.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #3: May 21, 2012, 03:27:10 AM »
What does Luria think of the Zuma?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 21, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »

Luria thinks of the Zuma?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 21, 2012, 04:29:53 AM »
I will start: Solaria's geography is approaching maximum ridiculousness.

Seriously though, balance of power being upset right there. Incidentally the expansion has led to some very interesting conversations in LV  :D

As far as Luria is concerned, the world begins and ends at our borders  :P  Which Solari is so gracefully expanding.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:20:09 AM by Madigan »
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

egamma

« Reply #6: May 21, 2012, 05:00:25 AM »
The expansion is good in the short term for D'Hara--fewer monster incursions--but potentially very bad in the long run. Of course, the travel times to the Desert are extreme, and there's really no reason to take the region, or Sallowwild for that matter--badlands are worthless, other than as advanced-warning outposts for Sallowtown.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 21, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »
Seriously though, balance of power being upset right there. Incidentally the expansion has led to some very interesting conversations in LV  :D

Darn shame that all of the regions taken so far amount to like 300 more gold and 200 more food.  This is a huge exercise in futility that my restless nobles prodded me into doing. :'(

Like egamma said, it keeps the borders clear at least.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 21, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »
Or it just broadens it, giving you more work. Depends how you look at it :p

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 21, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
Darn shame that all of the regions taken so far amount to like 300 more gold and 200 more food.  This is a huge exercise in futility that my restless nobles prodded me into doing. :'(

It's hard to be king Arbiter, I guess. I mean, it's also a show of power for Solaria/Luria to take, what, three or four regions in a matter of days and move up northwards. I'm sure only good things will result from this  ;D

The Vesperian plans have yet to be implemented, but have a certain craft and cunning to them, I think. And depend on some damnable chance and seizing of the moment.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

egamma

« Reply #10: May 21, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

The interesting thing about the new system is that you can appoint one person as Duke over the entire area, have them collect 50% of the taxes from all the regions, and get a fairly decent income that way. No need to worry about food--there's not enough to both with, either positive or negative.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 22, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »
The interesting thing about the new system is that you can appoint one person as Duke over the entire area, have them collect 50% of the taxes from all the regions, and get a fairly decent income that way. No need to worry about food--there's not enough to both with, either positive or negative.

Are you assuming that there are no appointments to the regions in the duchy?  If so, does anyone have experience with the resulting penalties?  Because we're going to be stretched thin.

Which reminds me... SOLARIA: NOW HIRING.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 22, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »
Are you assuming that there are no appointments to the regions in the duchy?  If so, does anyone have experience with the resulting penalties?  Because we're going to be stretched thin.

Which reminds me... SOLARIA: NOW HIRING.

I think the only penalty is you collect 1/2 as much gold.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 23, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »
Hmm... HH could be intrested for quick jump up on hierarchy :P

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14: May 24, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
How about that. Luria signing an alliance with the Grand Duchy of Fissoa.  :o I never thought that was possible.

What are you up to? Haha
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar