Author Topic: Luria  (Read 359766 times)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1230: May 11, 2013, 01:56:14 AM »
Uh, haven't you guys seen any anime? Little blind girls are always the most dangerous person on the field.

Also the whole movie series about Zatoichi the blind swordsman. The blind are like Jedi; I wouldn't fight a blind Queen, no way. And Alice has trained her whole life. If you train at something you can be good at it.

I personally find the blindness to be poor RP. As far as game mechanics are concerned, it's obvious that the character has no significant handicaps. This isn't some stupid anime/manga where all of the best swordsmen are obviously blind.

And as the saying goes, game mechanics trump RP...

And what's next, a master swordsman who RPs as being armless? Paraplegic?

It might be a little unrealistic, but !@#$ it, we're making an interesting story. Who was the hunchbacked king of England that died in battle by getting hacked apart with halberds?

There's also the fact that I have a moderate handicap IRL, so I think the more reasonable handicaps (and character flaws in general) are added to the game environment, the better. Not everyone can be handsome, beautiful, capable, black/white sort of good and evil, genius, wealthy, perfect. The defects make it interesting.