Author Topic: Luria  (Read 359474 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1230: May 11, 2013, 02:20:17 AM »
There are three geocentric stars floating in the night sky over Dwilight, and nobody disputes this. That they're geocentric is effectively a tactic admission that they are special, which lends credence to the claims of Astroists. In fact, Machiavel bought into those claims. So why is RP'ed blindness worse than this kind of forced acceptance of an RP point on a massive scale?

The presence or absence of geocentric stars is completely irrelevant to any game mechanic whatsoever. That's the difference. A difference for which I'm astounded by how many refuse to acknowledge.

Anyone else wants to compare it with more completely irrelevant examples concerning my character's RPs? Are you going to bring up the fact that Machiavel likes mead, next? That his ship has a name? That his manor is by the sea? There are no comparisons to be made. I'm not RPing him as a mute orator or an autistic administrator, as an undead or as a great wizard. My RPs with Machiavel fill the voids left by the game mechanics, they complement them. They don't contradict them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron