Author Topic: Luria  (Read 359801 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1230: May 11, 2013, 09:54:34 AM »
Okay, guys, settle down.

First off, Arundel and I agreed OOCly for the duel. I was very aware Alice is blind, and also that the game mechanics wouldn't recognise this, meaning it was very possible Skyndarbau would get pwned by a young blind girl. Yes, this is somewhat embarrassing for the character in question, but I knew that was a possibility.

Secondly, I think it's very clear a blind person would never defeat an opponent with equal swordfighting skill. Period. She may be a trained ninja or a jedi for all I care, but the game mechanics trump this. Alice and Skyn's swordskill is both around 10-15%, and these trump all rp variables. Alice won, clearly, so she had no issues with being blind somehow. But the reason was not better swordsmanship.

I think this whole event has created a problematic situation, a bug in the matrix if you will. A blind person somehow beat another man in direct combat. Why? I'll leave this for Arundel to work out. But I'll admit I would consider it poor form for him to just maintain the idea that a blind person randomly swinging a sword defeated her opponent - it's impossible. I'm more than hapy to accept some kind of Blood Stars superpower, though, as long as it explains her obvious suppremacy.

Tl;dr: Alice is severely handicapped, but won easily nonetheless. Game mechanics don't recognise her handicap, so something should be invented to balance things out. In other words, her handicap level is 0 as defined by the game. Blindness counts for handicap lvl 10. Invent something that debuffs her -10 so things even out :)