Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360191 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1260: May 23, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »
To explain a little:

Alice was never an advy. If you feel inclined to make sure, please visit my family page.

Alice's swordfighting skill is much much less than 80%. Believe me or not, I don't really care.

It's not impossible for a blind person to win a duel: it's just more unlikely. A strike is a strike: it can be difficult to maneuver around, or fairly easy. Alice's might have been difficult to dodge by chance, possibly having something to do with wider arcs and unpredictable strikes.

People who've had vision before going blind often report seeing colors and memories vividly. I had Alice experience a memory, previously RPed in the same fashion months before this all came up, which relieved her of some of her handicap. If you want to see how, I'll be posting the entire collection of RPs soon enough for your eyes to scrutinize.

Sound can be used in battle, albeit to a much lesser degree than vision. Footsteps, breathing, and other bodily movements can be read. Alice was RPed training in these regards, benefiting somewhat as a result.

Skyndarbau was RPed as a man marked by age. There are general disadvantages to be found there as well, although I believe Skyndarbau retained a good amount of his strength.

Shizzle and I agreed OOCly on the event, as mentioned earlier in the thread, with the former stating he preferred losing/dying. I respected his preference, and adjusted accordingly. I would have left my SF skill at 5-10% if he desired otherwise.

To conclude, I disagree that there were any un-SMA mechanisms used. I did some research before moving forward; if I stretched it a little, it was probably due to my lack of experience with complete blindness. I had fun, I think Shizzle had fun, and a good number of Lurians also had fun. The event as a whole advanced political schemes and promoted realm development. We didn't use magic or fantasy-like concepts, following in-game rules the entire way through.

No regrets, would do it again.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus