Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360139 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #135: June 22, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
Any of Tybalts supporters could just sit and watch the protest without being able to do anything.

This is just plainly untrue. They could have elected you back into office, for god's sake. Or they could have rebelled. Or they could have protested out the new King.

Seriously, keep the propaganda IC
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: June 23, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »
This is just plainly untrue. They could have elected you back into office, for god's sake. Or they could have rebelled. Or they could have protested out the new King.

Seriously, keep the propaganda IC
The point is which I agree with is if there are protests there should be a way to counter it before he gets removed from office. Yes they could do that but they should be able to do a similar option like praise or support or something that they say why the kings choice was good to counter protesting.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: June 23, 2012, 07:24:30 AM »
The point is which I agree with is if there are protests there should be a way to counter it before he gets removed from office. Yes they could do that but they should be able to do a similar option like praise or support or something that they say why the kings choice was good to counter protesting.

I don't agree with this, as it complicates things needlessly and the current system has quite a lot of balance. If we make too many changes to the current system it then gets needlessly complicated.

If you have enough nobles to protest someone out of office and win the coming re-election then you deserve to. Especially if the other side doesn't respond by using its own powers to fight back.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: June 23, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
I don't agree with this, as it complicates things needlessly and the current system has quite a lot of balance. If we make too many changes to the current system it then gets needlessly complicated.

If you have enough nobles to protest someone out of office and win the coming re-election then you deserve to. Especially if the other side doesn't respond by using its own powers to fight back.
The issue being in general if the office is an appointed position then it is still possible but a lot harder if the apointer is not on your side which may or may not be right, (I am tired so can't properly decide since I am too tired to try basically).
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: June 23, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »
What Tybalt supporters?

You mean that green knight you tried to appoint as judge and that old grumpy tarajist? The amount of effort I had to do to kick you out was even less then to kick out amaury, which says a lot about tybalt...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: June 23, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »
I would join Solaria, but I am not a fan of months of travelling.

I went from Eidulb to Giask in a week or so...

The amount of effort I had to do to kick you out was even less then to kick out amaury, which says a lot about tybalt...

And Amaury already was a 'hate him or love him' type ;)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: June 23, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »
The point is which I agree with is if there are protests there should be a way to counter it before he gets removed from office.

No, let's not. Do you know how difficult it is to protest someone out of office? Very. The only time I've ever personally see it done was when a clan was doing the protesting.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: June 23, 2012, 08:32:12 PM »
I would join Solaria, but I am not a fan of months of travelling.

It's not nearly as bad as people think. Our main duchy is easy travelling, and the new duchy is going to be brought under total control quickly. You should definitely come join the fun Foundation. :D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: June 23, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
No, let's not. Do you know how difficult it is to protest someone out of office? Very. The only time I've ever personally see it done was when a clan was doing the protesting.

Luria must be very good at organizing it then, or at least Alanna. I was protested out of office in a time frame of about 16 real life hours, which for me translated to about 15 minutes where I was able to get online in the last 4-6 hours of it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: June 25, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »
Luria must be very good at organizing it then, or at least Alanna.

Either that, or they just really didn't like you.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: June 26, 2012, 02:12:40 AM »
Either that, or they just really didn't like you.

Fine. Maybe a bit of both.

Although to be fair, they had to be timely about it. Otherwise, Brom would have stolen half the gold of the realm 1 turn later.

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: June 27, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »
And so it begins  ;D
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: June 27, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
Keeping the traditional values, huh?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: June 27, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »
For the spectators: rebellion in Luria Vesperi. Almost certainly going to succeed.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: June 27, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
For the spectators: rebellion in Luria Vesperi. Almost certainly going to succeed.

Dunno, from the latest developments it is not so certain anymore.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).