Author Topic: Luria  (Read 358827 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Luria
« Reply #15: May 24, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
Luria thinks of the Zuma?

Luria thinks?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 24, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
No, just cuts.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 29, 2012, 04:51:24 AM »
Which reminds me... SOLARIA: NOW HIRING.

How broad are applications accepted?

Or are only non-scheming, non-assassinating, and non-traitorous allowed? (Hey, I do have the best cookies though)

In other news, Pian en Luries is officially the worst realm on Dwilight in terms of food consumption/production ratio.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 29, 2012, 08:22:05 AM »
In other news, Pian en Luries is officially the worst realm on Dwilight in terms of food consumption/production ratio.

Well, does that come out as a surprise? It's a one-region-realm, which is naturally a city. It could only be worse if it was a larger city, like Giask or Darfix...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19: May 29, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »
Why would you keep them alive? Just annex the city.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 29, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
Why would you keep them alive? Just annex the city.

Because then they would not be the hub of the Empire.  That's the whole idea behind keeping them not just alive, but giving them a prime role.  It's the ceremonial and bureaucratic capital.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 29, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »
It also makes them a constant living reminder of what happens if you screw with the rest of Luria.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #22: May 29, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
Someone point me to this juicy history.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 29, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
Because then they would not be the hub of the Empire.  That's the whole idea behind keeping them not just alive, but giving them a prime role.  It's the ceremonial and bureaucratic capital.

Well now that's a fascinating idea. Like the Senate faction in Rome: Total War.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 29, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »

Which kind of makes me want to play in Luria, lol.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 29, 2012, 05:40:33 PM »
Someone point me to this juicy history.

We desperately need a write-up of what transpired before and during the (latest) war and Lorgan should chime in with the Imperial blueprint, since it's mostly his good work.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:45:44 PM by Solari »

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #26: May 29, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
* Foundation nominates Solari. :P

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 29, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »
We desperately need a write-up of what transpired before and during the (latest) war and Lorgan should chime in with the Imperial blueprint, since it's mostly his good work.

Seconded. Too many interesting happenings to go unwritten and unread.

And to have a group of neutral nobles to uphold and adjudicate the rules and transgressions of those rules of the Confederacy/Empire.

It also makes them a constant living reminder of what happens if you screw with the rest of Luria.

And yes also this.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #28: May 29, 2012, 06:04:15 PM »

He needs to do it somewhere people can applaud his work.  Otherwise he'll get no motivation and even whipping doesn't work (verified).

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 29, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »

Why thank you but I'd just say that it's a good compromise (yes once in a blue moon we Lurians are actually capable of that) between the representatives of LV (Madigan) Solaria (surprise: Solari) and LN (myself). This is how it works:

1. You have the Emperor. The Emperor is a ceremonial position that goes to the most physically strong Lurian, i.e. the one who defeats the old Emperor in a duel till surrender (this can escalate into a duel to the death in some cases). There are some requirements for being allowed to challenge the Emperor though, like support of a Lurian Ruler or Duke. In spite of his ceremonial position, the Emperor does hold one vote in the Lurian Council.
He may reside in the Imperial Palace reserved for him in Askileon.

2. The Imperial Chancellor. Where the Emperor is the summit of physical prowess the Chancellor is the peak for those who thrive on politics. He is the head of the Lurian Council and is elected by the Lurian Rulers. If they can't reach a compromise after a while, it goes to the Dukes and Lords of the Lurian realms. He has a vote in the Council that counts double in case of a tie.

3. The Lurian Council. Each Ruler of a Lurian realm has a seat in the Lurian Council, joined with one other dignitary from his realm. Aside from those there's the Chancellor and the Emperor as full members and then there's each government member from those realms who are spectators.
Most power of course resides with this Council so it is a pretty decentralized Empire or confederacy if you like but I doubt it'd survive a day if it was a centralized state. Though whoever knows how it will evolve... :)
It is built with the intent of stable cooperation but I can see some opportunities for armed conflict in it myself... which is how it should be.

It is currently being ratified and I sure hope that it'll be implemented soon. As far as I know it's a first in BM so it's pretty exciting to see how it'll turn out. :)