Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360859 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1050: April 12, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
After that huge cluster****, we're back to square one: alone and ready for war.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051: April 12, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »
After that huge cluster****, we're back to square one: alone and ready for war.

Wanted war so bad you guys had to pull out from one.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052: April 12, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »

I laughed so hard from this. Oh my gosh.  ;D ;D ;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053: April 12, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »

God dammit, yes. Damn you both, D'Hara and Luria! Why is it so hard to just help Fissoa against Aurvandil?  8)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054: April 12, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »
Pretty much because of Skyndarbau.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055: April 12, 2013, 03:37:07 PM »
Pretty much because of Skyndarbau.

In what way? I know he's being accused and all, but I'm not sure of what exactly...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056: April 12, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
A. Swordfell, not Stormfell. Stormfell was the brilliant idea we had before the decay of Solaria. Swordfell is the cluster!@#$ that currently exists in the Divides and Flow peninsula.

B. I love you too Solari. Thanks for letting me take BR. ;)

:-*

You have infinitely more patience for that project than I did!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057: April 12, 2013, 04:02:12 PM »
In what way? I know he's being accused and all, but I'm not sure of what exactly...

His version of diplomacy would, by most standards, be considered pretty much the opposite.

Basically, LN invited Fissoa to join the Lurian Empire. Skyn replied that Fissoa's people wouldn't appreciate being called Lurian anything, due to the history there. LN thought about it, and decided, "OK, if Fissoa still distrusts the name "Luria" that much, it's probably not the right time to try bringing them into the Empire. Give them more time to see we're not totally unreasonable and dangerous, maybe fight alongside them against a common enemy for a while, and hopefully they'll come to see the name as something good."

Skyn's responses beyond that grew increasingly more belligerent and insulting, basically leading LN to conclude that Fissoa had become as unstable and dangerous as it was before we finally made peace several months ago—much more like an enemy on our borders than an ally and potential future fellow member of the Empire.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058: April 12, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
His version of diplomacy would, by most standards, be considered pretty much the opposite.

Basically, LN invited Fissoa to join the Lurian Empire. Skyn replied that Fissoa's people wouldn't appreciate being called Lurian anything, due to the history there. LN thought about it, and decided, "OK, if Fissoa still distrusts the name "Luria" that much, it's probably not the right time to try bringing them into the Empire. Give them more time to see we're not totally unreasonable and dangerous, maybe fight alongside them against a common enemy for a while, and hopefully they'll come to see the name as something good."

Skyn's responses beyond that grew increasingly more belligerent and insulting, basically leading LN to conclude that Fissoa had become as unstable and dangerous as it was before we finally made peace several months ago—much more like an enemy on our borders than an ally and potential future fellow member of the Empire.

Oops :) I think Skyndarbau has failed at communicating, then.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059: April 12, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
I figured it was just because that the condition for accepting Fissoa's surrender during the last war was that Skyndarbau was barred from leading Fissoa. It's so confusing, because Fissoa was THIS CLOSE to joining under Eldrond, and THIS CLOSE to joining under Duckmane, and now here we are. XD

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060: April 12, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
I figured it was just because that the condition for accepting Fissoa's surrender during the last war was that Skyndarbau was barred from leading Fissoa. It's so confusing, because Fissoa was THIS CLOSE to joining under Eldrond, and THIS CLOSE to joining under Duckmane, and now here we are. XD

Yeah, holy !@#$. Sky did get agreement from Luria to reascend the throne, though. And we would've joined, but Alice's tendency of breaking promises did no good :p And the name 'Lurian Empire' doesn't sit well because of it.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061: April 12, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »
:-*

You have infinitely more patience for that project than I did!

Patience is my sole virtue! And besides, it shouldn't be total !@#$ for much longer!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062: April 12, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »

In a "he didn't immediately jump to say yes to be annexed by the Lurian Empire after we told him we'd leave him to fight Falkirk alone because helping Fissoa is boring and we'd much rather be doing a thousand other things than help you" kind of whay.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063: April 12, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »
In a "he didn't immediately jump to say yes to be annexed by the Lurian Empire after we told him we'd leave him to fight Falkirk alone because helping Fissoa is boring and we'd much rather be doing a thousand other things than help you" kind of whay.

Being part of an empire doesn't need to be a reciprocal relationship. In most/all RL cases it was far from it.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064: April 12, 2013, 04:57:14 PM »

I'm going to comment once, to the above, in response to many other statements like it. And then I'm not going to comment on it again, and just give up on you. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to see someone repeatedly confirm the negative stereotypes that are attributed to them? Especially when you've tried to argue otherwise?

Literally nothing you just typed is true, and this is a common pattern. It's fine to set your character or your realm in opposition to someone or something else just for entertainment. It's okay to speculatively comment on IC events. It shouldn't be okay to repeatedly state things that are completely untethered from reality, in a way that blurs the line between what you—as a player—actually think and what you have your character do as a result. Especially when people are either providing evidence to the contrary, or are willing to patiently and honestly explain IC events. Some people like to talk about the game without !@#$ting up the forums and poisoning the atmosphere. Are you capable of at least trying? Because this kind of attitude infects other people and balkanizes an already small player base.

Take note, folks: if you want to "win" BattleMaster, the surest way is to just drive everyone away until you're the only one still playing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:59:15 PM by Solari »