Author Topic: Luria  (Read 354740 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1260: May 13, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
That.... sounds nothing like Skyndarbau.

Never met Skyndarbau and wasn't present for the duel. But my character (a Lurian) would find it believable that Skyndarbau lost on purpose. Seems more believable for my character than Vellos' suggestion.

My character was one of the individuals speaking up for having the armies finish off Falkirk before this whole mess. Hopefully we go to war again sometime soon though. We haven't had any battles this year and summer is almost gone already.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261: May 13, 2013, 09:01:21 AM »
I like the sense of a war season, seeing how winter prohibits long voyages.

Regarding the duel, Skyndarbau accepts defeat, and the gods must not have been at his side. It's time to apologise and swallow his pride, also because a Fissoan needs a burial, and another wants to be knighted by him. And he's needed in Madina. The pierced armor from the duel stays in Askileon as a souvenir :)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262: May 13, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »
I like the sense of a war season, seeing how winter prohibits long voyages.

Totally. Perhaps the maritime peoples have a societal thing for keeping it low-key in the winter. :) Not warm? Mmm-k I'm going home.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263: May 23, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »
To explain a little:

Alice was never an advy. If you feel inclined to make sure, please visit my family page.

Alice's swordfighting skill is much much less than 80%. Believe me or not, I don't really care.

It's not impossible for a blind person to win a duel: it's just more unlikely. A strike is a strike: it can be difficult to maneuver around, or fairly easy. Alice's might have been difficult to dodge by chance, possibly having something to do with wider arcs and unpredictable strikes.

People who've had vision before going blind often report seeing colors and memories vividly. I had Alice experience a memory, previously RPed in the same fashion months before this all came up, which relieved her of some of her handicap. If you want to see how, I'll be posting the entire collection of RPs soon enough for your eyes to scrutinize.

Sound can be used in battle, albeit to a much lesser degree than vision. Footsteps, breathing, and other bodily movements can be read. Alice was RPed training in these regards, benefiting somewhat as a result.

Skyndarbau was RPed as a man marked by age. There are general disadvantages to be found there as well, although I believe Skyndarbau retained a good amount of his strength.

Shizzle and I agreed OOCly on the event, as mentioned earlier in the thread, with the former stating he preferred losing/dying. I respected his preference, and adjusted accordingly. I would have left my SF skill at 5-10% if he desired otherwise.

To conclude, I disagree that there were any un-SMA mechanisms used. I did some research before moving forward; if I stretched it a little, it was probably due to my lack of experience with complete blindness. I had fun, I think Shizzle had fun, and a good number of Lurians also had fun. The event as a whole advanced political schemes and promoted realm development. We didn't use magic or fantasy-like concepts, following in-game rules the entire way through.

No regrets, would do it again.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

EGreneburie

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264: May 23, 2013, 06:25:41 AM »
Okay, problem with this claims logic:

[...]

3. Even if you did have claim under Shadovar, no heir of Shadovar-contra-D'Hara exists. Find me a descendant of Shadovar's rulers who can press the claim, a direct descendant with some kind of real claim. Simply because you were bros with a realm doesn't mean you are the lagl inheritor of their rights and liabilities.

Descendants exist.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265: May 23, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »
No regrets, would do it again.

Yep.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266: May 23, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »
Descendants exist.

Just the person I was looking for!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267: May 24, 2013, 01:10:10 AM »
Just the person I was looking for!

A D'Haran, direct descendant of Shadovarian ruler.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268: May 24, 2013, 05:31:10 AM »
A D'Haran, direct descendant of Shadovarian ruler.
You are quoting the wrong person.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269: May 28, 2013, 07:10:46 AM »
First tourney is a double event tourney, with 2500 gold for winning prizes, and 1000 gold for second place prizes. The second one right after will break records!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:41:05 AM by Arundel »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270: May 28, 2013, 10:36:12 AM »
First tourney is a double event tourney, with 2500 winning prizes, and 1000 second place prizes. The second one right after will break records!

Maybe Skyndarbau should pass by, though he'd only get his ass kicked once more :P

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1271: June 26, 2013, 03:20:36 PM »
Well, Former Arbiter Malus Solari has been imprisoned for crimes against D'Hara, specifically the role he played in organising the first Lurian invasion of Sallowsite. Posting here instead of the SA thread because it is a secular issue.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272: June 26, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
well, never realised D`hara was this stupid..

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273: June 26, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »
Ahem. I predict explosion!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274: June 26, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »