Author Topic: Luria  (Read 361040 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1290: June 27, 2013, 03:12:05 AM »
IMO, you should be able to ban -any- noble that ends up in your prison, just at a hit to honour/prestige if they aren't already an infiltrator or rebel commander.

Nope.

You can ban a noble in your prisons who is a criminal—that is, they were imprisoned in the act of committing some non-conventional act against your realm.

I think that this notion of criminality being required for a ban—which is essentially a death sentence—has been lost over the years since infiltrators were introduced, and it first became possible to ban nobles who were not a part of your realm. Yes, it would be convenient to be able to just ban any noble that crossed your path, because then you could execute them out of hand if you ever caught them again, for any reason!

But that goes against BattleMaster's guarantee that death is rare, and pretty much requires you to do something to choose it, or at least choose to risk it. It is also simply not the direction that we feel is appropriate—and even if we do eventually push for more character death in the game, I do not believe that this is one of the ways we would choose to do so. It simply makes it far too easy to drive someone away from a realm.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #1291: June 27, 2013, 04:25:53 AM »
The problem with that is that somebody who RTOs a region in your realm, and is a member of an enemy realm, -is- a criminal, but the game code doesn't see them as a criminal.

Edit:

To expound - somebody from a realm you are at war with could sit in a region of yours and preach heresy and godlessness and (even worse) rebellion to your peasants. And there is absolutely nothing you can do about it because the game cannot tell the difference in that context between a nobleman and a criminal.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292: June 27, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
well, never realised D`hara was this stupid..
Tell me about it...
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293: June 27, 2013, 11:06:14 AM »
I will happily say Luria is stupid though. So very, very stupid. Who are we even going to go to war against?

Well, D'Hara, obviously.

Then someone decides it migh be Morek as well. Because, that's smart. We've always done war so well on one front, why not two? It's only twice as hard.

WTF is that blind old biddy doing? We all supported a war against D'Hara. Now this? Good one idiot queen, good one.......

It makes me want to quit BM all over again. With people like that in charge, I'll just concentrate on helping Perdan kick-arse on the other continent. Sha damn well might immigrate at this rate.

Why "make" a war, when we had a perfectly winnable one anyway? I don't care about the SA coalition, neither does most of Luria Nova. And we ARE Sanguis Astroism in the "south" (everywhere south of Morek). Yeah, good one tweedle-dums.

First Falkirk and now this. Idiots.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294: June 27, 2013, 11:13:25 AM »
Samboji, there is a reason why you don't know who we're going to war with. Need I remind you of Sha'shanti went behind Idesbald's back? Not exactly smart to attempt to humiliate the general and then wish he shares plans with you.

But, being honest, I've had great fun mocking Sha'shanti in the Military Council with your latest letters. Sha'shanti should consider being a joker.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295: June 27, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
Just to make it obvious.

No-one other than the "old-hands" in Luria Nova want a war in SA. Or against Morek. Or anything other than against our most recent enemies.

How can we not just have a nice, simple, little war against D'Hara. They've Imprisoned a Duke. They were rude to our Queen. They attacked us with the Vesperians (who incidently are now full Lurian citizens, other than the hunting reserves. They're just land managers, not nobles, even if they look rogue-like).

Queeny-poo? WTF?

We can kick the crap out of D'hara, pretty damn easily. Well done you horrible game and LORE destroying person you, Queeny-poo. The LORE of over 1 year of playing a very slow game overrides your years-long addiction to it. Most of our nobles haven't had any focus at all. Not one's that log-in, day-in, day-out.

!@#$, the Rangers would run a better Kingdom. All Hail "who was it? Bohdan? Nah. I think it's Lucini now!!!" Yay. Luria and stuff!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296: June 27, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »
What "old-hands"? I don't even recognize three quarters of the current lords and council of Luria. There are barely any real Lurians left!

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297: June 27, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
That's why Sha never hears anything. Well, she's not one of the old Lurians anyway. Maybe our High Commander is right......

Maybe she shouldn't go out of her way to piss him off, as well as any Duke that isn't currently her Leige.

Oh well. It's more fun, but less informative this way :)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298: June 27, 2013, 11:42:11 AM »
Idesbald definitely is not an old Lurian.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299: June 27, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »
My character isn't one of the old lurians (he's not even 30 years old). Did win the election for treasurer on the coin toss though.

Who would be an old Lurian? Alanna, Malus, Saul ?

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300: June 27, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »
And if *this* war doesn't go well, he won't even be High Commander. It's somewhere in the rules of Luria. 3 horribly wasteful and pointless strikes and you're out. Kind of feel sorry for the next HC, but at least they'll lead their armies.

Idesbald's a pussy.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301: June 27, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
My character isn't one of the old lurians (he's not even 30 years old). Did win the election for treasurer on the coin toss though.

Who would be an old Lurian? Alanna, Malus, Saul ?

Hrok, too... that's the only 4 I can name off the top of my head. But let's be honest, Alanna is the only REAL Lurian left ;)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302: June 27, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
It's a beautiful thing. The *new* Lurian Empire. It sort of exists, other than that one blind queen we have, an imprisoned duke, another slightly mad SA ambassador and a pussy of a high commander (won't lead his troops to war until he gets called out by a minor noble from the bronx (or wherever Sha comes from. Mountainhome and that) whatever, like, you know?).

Gotta love Luria. Everyone doesn't necessarily have !@#$-tonnes of power, or even money, but you can bet your arse that our Marshals have more knowledge most of the time than the people that make the decisions. Just, because. That's a good thing. I LIKE our Marshals. Even our Judge. She doesn't say much. After that it gets all gets a bit hazy and wobbly. 

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303: June 27, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
And with that attitude you wonder why you don't get involved?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304: June 27, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »
So be a real Lurian and rebel. It's tradition!