Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360439 times)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1305: June 27, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
My apologies for my "first person view and writing" occaisionally. I am well aware of these things that are called diplomacy. If anything, I've assisted with that more intra-realm and inter-realm than some have.

But what Luria Nova lacks is focus. For her troops, for her armies. To throw them a curve-ball at the last minute is a !@#$-act. We play this game, day-in day-out, just to be stuffed around by idiots that can't be bothered focusing the military, economic and strategic might of Luria against anything we can get a decent gain out of.

Falkirk? Yay. Took ages. Aurvendil? Still didn't get anything. Hell, half of the Vesperians went to the East Continent. Because they don't !@#$ around with war there. We're on a war footing. Which bits of Dwilight do we want?

Luria needs focus. It's not Luria Nova anymore. It's an Empire in all but name. Muck around, and you'll lose all the nobles that made her strong.  And we're bleeding nobles with the leadership given already.

@Sacha. I took myself away from any chance of that earlier. There will be a fourth Lurian Empire. I know you know that. A real empire. :)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306: June 27, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »
Luria Nova didn't get anything out of Falkirk/Aurvandil because they were too busy threatening D'Hara during the war.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307: June 27, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
Just as a cojoiner,

I am an Australian, and I am having a drink. My apologies if any of my "descriptive collqueilisms" (sp?) offend you. I will do my utmost to ensure that noble eyes such as your own will not be blighted by such utterances again.

Just kidding. I'll just try not to swear as much. It'll still probably be pretty eye destroying :)

Sambojin

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308: June 27, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »
Luria Nova didn't get anything out of Falkirk/Aurvandil because they were too busy threatening D'Hara during the war.

If I were in Luria I would have pushed for the creation of a Lurio-Fissoan colony on Madina, or perhaps in Aurvandil. It would cause Fissoa to shift further towards LN, effectively creating an empire spanning the entire SW of Dwilight.

Oh well :) Don't mind to see Fissoa become a twin city realm, finally!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309: June 27, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »
Samboji, you can't play a character who acts like a yokel and expect to be treated the same as characters who act like high nobility.

You also can't attempt to intrigue against the General, get caught, and expect to be privy to all the preparations for war. Especially having first set up your character as a yokel.

I did, in fact, try to warn you about your RP style some time ago, but you seemed to feel it was more important to RP this particular style than to have a character who is respected and liked by the local nobility.

If you weren't so annoyed by the relatively obvious consequences of your actions, I would laud you for sticking to an unpopular RP style. As it is, you just look like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Sha'shanti would have a much better time on most other continents, where consistent RP of any kind tends to be rewarded. (And she should totally get together with a Driscol somewhere and make a BattleMaster version of Clueless!)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310: June 27, 2013, 01:57:29 PM »
If I were in Luria I would have pushed for the creation of a Lurio-Fissoan colony on Madina, or perhaps in Aurvandil. It would cause Fissoa to shift further towards LN, effectively creating an empire spanning the entire SW of Dwilight.

That might have happened if there hadn't been all this other distracting stuff going on.

Congratulations. :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311: June 27, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »

We didn't want all that much, save Fissoa's neutrality in a possible Luri-D'Haran war.

Eh, whatever. Alice and Selene are lovers, so it's basically an Empire in all but name.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:56:04 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312: June 27, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »
We didn't want all that much, save Fissoa's neutrality in a possible Luri-D'Haran war.

Something that isn't even guaranteed at this point.  ;D

Eh, whatever. Alice and Selene are lovers, so its basically an Empire in all but name.

Selene doesn't appear to be taking a firm stance within Fissoa, and her position is somewhat unstable.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313: June 27, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Congratulations. :)

Thanks. It is the only real OOC ambition I've ever had in BM :)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314: June 27, 2013, 03:47:42 PM »
*snip*
!@#$, the Rangers would run a better Kingdom.
You're Lady Sha'shanti?  Thanks for helping out with the quest/Lightbringer thing.  I've got random adventures such as Terrance contacting me about it now.

If you find Luria Nova a little stuffy, come join Niselur, we could use more quirky characters.  Plus the front to our war is two turns from the captial.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315: June 27, 2013, 03:53:48 PM »
Oh hey. Just got back from D.C. doing some work. Looks like Malus got arrested. What would be awesome is if someone tortures him and finds out he's the most innocent and boring character in the history of Dwilight intrigues. Let's do that!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316: June 27, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »
You're lucky message history only goes back 30 days :p

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317: June 27, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
You're lucky message history only goes back 30 days :p

Well, yeah. But as it pertains to D'Hara, innocent as a lamb. Malus was on his way to Terran to help. I've just had a few bouts of 2-3 idleness because of work and travel. And then up to Astrum and Niselur to protect Church assets in that developing !@#$storm. He was literally on official Church business.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318: June 28, 2013, 12:21:07 AM »
My apologies for my "first person view and writing" occaisionally. I am well aware of these things that are called diplomacy. If anything, I've assisted with that more intra-realm and inter-realm than some have.

But what Luria Nova lacks is focus. For her troops, for her armies. To throw them a curve-ball at the last minute is a !@#$-act. We play this game, day-in day-out, just to be stuffed around by idiots that can't be bothered focusing the military, economic and strategic might of Luria against anything we can get a decent gain out of.

Falkirk? Yay. Took ages. Aurvendil? Still didn't get anything. Hell, half of the Vesperians went to the East Continent. Because they don't !@#$ around with war there. We're on a war footing. Which bits of Dwilight do we want?

Luria needs focus. It's not Luria Nova anymore. It's an Empire in all but name. Muck around, and you'll lose all the nobles that made her strong.  And we're bleeding nobles with the leadership given already.

@Sacha. I took myself away from any chance of that earlier. There will be a fourth Lurian Empire. I know you know that. A real empire. :)
I am outside of Luria, and I even knew it was pretty obvious that LN and Morek were going to war. Your Queen declared first, big deal. Morek made it pretty damn obvious that if Luria went to war with D'hara, they would be joining on D'hara's side (and vice versa, if d'hara did the aggression). So I have to agree with your fellow realm mates that if you want to piss off the leadership, you shouldn't really be mad that you don't get info.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Smerbev

• Peasant
  • Family de Ravenal (formerly Frostnova)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319: June 28, 2013, 12:42:35 AM »
Yep, Morek was going to join the fight against Luria. I can safely say that Queen Alice is the lone reason that Swordfell has opted for neutrality (1 or 2 votes decided it), and I expect that the question of closed borders to both sides is also going to be hotly contested. Without her I expect that it would have been a landslide in committing to a war against you.