Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360940 times)

egamma

Re: Luria
« Reply #45: May 31, 2012, 07:07:45 PM »
You're counting adventurers? Why?

Just went off realm-wide character list, oops.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 31, 2012, 11:27:11 PM »
The dueling part is what makes it cool. 8)

Yeah, nothing says 'strong empire' like having your Emperor's only qualificacation be 'he's a good swordfighter'. ::) Empire... ha! They wish!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: May 31, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »
Yeah, nothing says 'strong empire' like having your Emperor's only qualificacation be 'he's a good swordfighter'. ::) Empire... ha! They wish!

Up to you to change it. ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 31, 2012, 11:39:06 PM »

Bah, we chose out Mootgram by staring contests with the Zuma. Whoever can stare at Haktoo longest without blinking gets elected Mootgram.

So far, only Hireshmont has even bothered to try, though. Or so the rumors go. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 01, 2012, 02:38:47 AM »
Honestly, the structure of the confederacy doesn't sound that different from the structure of the Véinsørmoot. Minus the whole dueling to surrender thing.

Except, as the 'moot was explained to me, each realm is not necessarily compelled to answer the call to attack or defend. We are. Nice deterrent, that.  8)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 01, 2012, 02:43:10 AM »
Except, as the 'moot was explained to me, each realm is not necessarily compelled to answer the call to attack or defend. We are. Nice deterrent, that.  8)

Nobody asked D'Hara to join in. Sometimes, one's better off having their friends wait on the side, rather than playing all of their cards right away.

After all, had we joined in, then we couldn't act as a deterrent to others by threatening to join in! Allows for us to better prepare ourselves to get involved, too, instead of scrambling in and making fools of ourselves.

Fighting's bad for business, though, we'd rather everyone just give each other nice big hugs.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #51: June 01, 2012, 05:25:35 AM »

Why not read it?
All signing realms have an obligation, insofar as it is possible, to provide military aid for the defense of other signing realms, if they should come under threat by man, beast, or abomination. In particular, the cities of Paisly, Chesney, and Rettleville are regarded as joint security responsibilities of the signing realms, given their nearness to threats from man, beast, and abomination, and their nearness to one another.

iv. While it is impracticable to offer a perfect definition of "possible" in iii), it shall be noted that, if a realm has mobile forces available in excess of what is necessary to provide surveillance of its borders and repel impending threats from man, beast, or abomination, and it fails to deploy those forces, it should give an account of its failure through official diplomatic channels and the Véinsørmoot.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 01, 2012, 05:29:38 AM »
Why not read it?

While Kabrinskia provoked it, Terran declared it. The fighting has also thus far been pretty much in Kabrinskia. It'd be a stretch to call it defense. There's also the fact that the prescribed forewarning was not given, as far as I know.

As it is, I do not feel as the Treaty binds D'Hara to interfere. Obviously, so does the rest of the 'moot, else we'd have been asked to fight.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 01, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »

Time to send a SA champion to Pel and claim Luria for the stars  8)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 01, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
Why not read it?

One of your elders has a very different interpretation of the agreement, then. I'm just working off of what Malus knows. Or they're lying again.

egamma

« Reply #55: June 01, 2012, 06:06:42 AM »
One of your elders has a very different interpretation of the agreement, then. I'm just working off of what Malus knows. Or they're lying again.

I'm not saying that D'Hara is required to attack Kabrinskia. Sending an army for a 'joint training maneuvers' in Terran regions is not out of the question.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 01, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »

Except that the Emperor has almost no power :p

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 01, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »

The 'moot will do what the 'moot will do. Though I consider that the strict letter of the law favors us, I've always felt that everyone was willing to bend the rules if necessary, should it be in everyone's interests.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 01, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »

In the present circumstance, military aid is not required: because Terran is not strictly engaged in mere defense, and because D'Hara can provide reasons for not sending aid (and has done so convincingly, to Terran's satisfaction).

However, generally, yes, Moot members are completely bound to defend each other from foreign aggression.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 02, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »

You already own the Northern half of Luria. If you walk any further south, you'll get burned  8).
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus