Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360797 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Luria
« Reply #60: June 03, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
Except that the Emperor has almost no power :p
What is the point of being Emperor of Luria without the power to command the armies of Luria?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 04, 2012, 01:12:50 AM »
What is the point of being Emperor of Luria without the power to command the armies of Luria?

They do, nominally, but we have an Imperial War College for that. I am sure that, over time, these roles will morph as the circumstances demand. Nobody is especially eager to create an autocratic emperor/empress right out of the gate, though.  ;)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: June 04, 2012, 01:16:55 AM »
I'm not saying that D'Hara is required to attack Kabrinskia. Sending an army for a 'joint training maneuvers' in Terran regions is not out of the question.

Understood.  But that is the obligation of Lurian realms.  It's a mutual guarantee of offensive and defensive assistance.  The offensive element would come by way of a vote among the realms (in that nobody is declaring war unilaterally and counting on the rest to join in after the fact), but the defensive aid is automatic.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 04, 2012, 02:20:18 AM »
Understood.  But that is the obligation of Lurian realms.  It's a mutual guarantee of offensive and defensive assistance.  The offensive element would come by way of a vote among the realms (in that nobody is declaring war unilaterally and counting on the rest to join in after the fact), but the defensive aid is automatic.

Yea, well, D'Hara wasn't consulted for declaring war against Kabrinskia (well, actually it was, but it opposed it). No votes were held over the subject either.

I don't really see a difference. After all, any sane federation would be bound by the same kinds of restrictions with the obligation of support without allowing any single party to unilaterally bind all others.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #64: June 04, 2012, 03:52:27 PM »
They do, nominally, but we have an Imperial War College for that. I am sure that, over time, these roles will morph as the circumstances demand. Nobody is especially eager to create an autocratic emperor/empress right out of the gate, though.  ;)

Let us name him, Luaesar.  He shall hold all power temporarily until we sort out the powers of the Emperor.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 04, 2012, 11:34:27 PM »
I wonder how long I can keep my character "empire free" while still fulfilling his roles to Solaria... Should be fun. :)

*walks off to kick back in Balance's Retreat*

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 05, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »
What do you mean by "empire free"?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: June 05, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »
What do you mean by "empire free"?

Woelfy is convinced he can completely extricate Sevastian from Federated politics as the Preda (general) and Duke. Silly man.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 05, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »
Woelfy is convinced he can completely extricate Sevastian from Federated politics as the Preda (general) and Duke. Silly man.

Hah. You guys should have voted him as Solaria's Representative. :D Hilarity.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 08, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
Hah. You guys should have voted him as Solaria's Representative. :D Hilarity.

There were worse choices... ;)
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 08, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »
I swear, I'm gonna find a way. You'll see. The political side is of no interest to me. You silly Southerners deal with your squabbling, and I'll maintain the peace up north.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 08, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
I swear, I'm gonna find a way. You'll see. The political side is of no interest to me. You silly Southerners deal with your squabbling, and I'll maintain the peace up north.

Peacekeeper aye? Booooring!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 08, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »
Someone has to keep these monsters and undead down. We found out Kamron couldn't do it, so I guess it falls to Sevastian. ;)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: June 08, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
Kamron eats undead for breakfast!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 08, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
Hahahahaha, since when? You silly Novans couldn't even find any to play with.

Hard to eat what you can't catch old chum.