Author Topic: Luria  (Read 358672 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #90: June 15, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
If you knew it was coming, you wouldn't have sat in Orz for half a week without seeing the Pianese army massing in Santoo ;)

We knew it was coming but we could either sit in Orz and for sure hold off one side of an invasion or sit in our city and let one invasion for sure kill us.

It was a gamble, but we were frankly too outmatched financially and recruitment center wise to win that war. The 50% theft of our gold, although it was mitigated through some plans of mine hurt too much.

Trust me, we knew about it, we talked about it in our military council. You don't have to believe me, but it was not a surprise attack. It was a smart amphibious assault, I'll give you that, but it was not a surprise to the leaders at least. Especially because we had spies that told us about it within your army and government.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: June 15, 2012, 02:15:16 AM »
Pfft... a few hundred more men on the wall and the battle would have been a lot different. And you were taunting us just a few days earlier that we'd never even be able to break Outer Giask, let alone Giask. Face it, PeL came out of left field and sucker punched you in the back of the head. Only 3 people knew of the attack plan until the day it was launched, none of them were south of the river ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: June 15, 2012, 02:21:00 AM »
There's a big difference between knowing that you've got enemies who are plotting against you, and knowing specifically that they are planning to do this at that time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: June 15, 2012, 02:39:26 AM »
There's a big difference between knowing that you've got enemies who are plotting against you, and knowing specifically that they are planning to do this at that time.

We knew that you were planning to attack the city. We did not explicitly know the attack date but we knew it was most likely soon, and that the attack was coming from Askileon.

We had a spy in your realm council, so yes that helps.

As far as the gloating, that wasn't me. I was smart enough to broker the semblance of a deal and get out of there.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: June 15, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
Ah seems tybalt was protested out of office

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: June 15, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »

Welcome to Luria. This is how we say hello to all our rulers!

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: June 15, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
It seems that Fulco is not trying to defend his honour. Tybalt has challenged him publicly to a duel to the death. Called him a coward and a Craven. Yet he refuses to accept it. Ah if only people would actually defend their honour these days :P

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: June 15, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
Heh. This whole episode has certainly been interesting. :)

But now Kamron is challenging Tybalt! ;)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: June 15, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
It seems that Fulco is not trying to defend his honour. Tybalt has challenged him publicly to a duel to the death. Called him a coward and a Craven. Yet he refuses to accept it. Ah if only people would actually defend their honour these days :P

A desperate man, his back to the wall, without any support, why would a challenge from such person be answered?

egamma

« Reply #99: June 15, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
It's almost worth pausing my other character, just to create one named Romeo, and challenging Tybalt to a duel.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: June 15, 2012, 11:24:08 PM »

Just wondering, what was the reason for it?

Did people finally realize he was a lying and terrible ruler, or did Fulco just get more power hungry again?

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: June 15, 2012, 11:26:54 PM »
A desperate man, his back to the wall, without any support, why would a challenge from such person be answered?

Because Fulco has committed treason against the crown, and the only way Tybalt can defend himself is by challenging the leader of it. Normally, it is outright war, so that the King can have a chance of saving himself. The way Fulco did it was cowardly as Tybalt could not even fight back (as would normally be the case in a rebellion). So he challenged him to a duel to the death (plus Fulco and Tybalt have never been BFF have they?)

Now Fulco is refusing to accept the challenge, Tyabalt can now call him craven and will do so until Fulco steps up to the plate and fights.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: June 15, 2012, 11:27:49 PM »
Did people finally realize he was a lying and terrible ruler

Pretty much that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: June 15, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »
Did people finally realize he was a lying and terrible ruler, or did Fulco just get more power hungry again?

Fulcos power hungry again. Tybalt wouldn't dance to Fulco's tune, he never has done and they have always been a loggerheads. Fulco ahs always complain about something or other. Now he has just managed to get everyone to back him up.

Oh and the fact that Tybalts candidate for a Judge was not eligable, was the final straw for Fulco. My bad really...should have checked before hand :P

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: June 15, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »
Quote from: Dante Silverfire on Today at 11:24:08 PM
Did people finally realize he was a lying and terrible ruler

Pretty much that.

When did he ever lie?