Author Topic: Luria  (Read 355022 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #105: June 15, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »
Did you really not notice that Fulco was far from the only one protesting you?

It's not like Alanna is some kind of lackey of Fulco's. Yeah, maybe some of the people who protested did so because Fulco asked them to, but I very much doubt he could have swung enough to get you out of office all by himself.

If you think that this is purely Tybalt vs Fulco, you're deluding yourself.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: June 15, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
When did he ever lie?

Is this serious? He lied SO much during the entire decline of PeL fiasco. He lied to his realm, he lied to other realms and rulers.

That's just the only case I know of.

It's not like Alanna is some kind of lackey of Fulco's. Yeah, maybe some of the people who protested did so because Fulco asked them to, but I very much doubt he could have swung enough to get you out of office all by himself.

And of course Alanna has some influence on it. Has to work back into power eventually.

Fulco took the smart method of protesting him out of office. Its guaranteed to work with enough support, and less risk. Shoot, protesting is half of the reason that Alanna won the civil war a while back.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: June 16, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
Can't help it when Fulco is the only one bothering enough to speak up and if he was power hungry he would have had the crown by now including being duke of giask.

Anyway, this is likely turning into an OOC repeat of what's said IC, so it might be best if I refrain from further comments on this issue.

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: June 16, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »
It's almost worth pausing my other character, just to create one named Romeo, and challenging Tybalt to a duel.

lolz, nice one.

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: June 16, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
Congratulations to Levon Arrakis, new King of Luria Nova.

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: June 16, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »

Indeed I did, but look at the numbers who protested. They were very few, they just protested often.

Well as Fulco was the main instigator of the who thing, and the fact that you didn't even give Tybalt a chance to fight back (who can fight back against a protest? Any supporters on my side could do nada). The duel is the only way to fight back. Which Fulco is refusing as he only does things in a cowardly way, where there is no chance of loosing. There has been a lot of bad blood between Tybalt and Fulco, this is the catalyst in their relationship. It was Fulco that announced to the realm to start protesting to get Tybalt out fo office, and was his main adversary the entire time he was in power.

You may wish to be included in all this but Tybalt doesnt care about the others. He is hell bent on revenge and will focus all his efforts at discrediting Fulco as much as he can.

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: June 16, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
Is this serious? He lied SO much during the entire decline of PeL fiasco. He lied to his realm, he lied to other realms and rulers.

That's just the only case I know of.

Really? What was the lie to the other rulers? He didnt say...Its all right Koli, I like you and are not going to attack you.....*backs turned* wham!"

There was justifications for the war, as has been said many numerous times before hand, and I shall not repeat now.

Fulco took the smart method of protesting him out of office. Its guaranteed to work with enough support, and less risk. Shoot, protesting is half of the reason that Alanna won the civil war a while back.

Indeed, but not a very honourable one. The one being protested cannot even fight back. For example. Realm A has 50 nobles. 15 of them protest, the Ruler is thrown out. 35 do not (supporters of the ruler) They can do nothing to help the ruler. Where as in a proper battle then support is required. This way only a small groups of nobles need to be willing to protest. Not the whole realm. And there is nothing the victims (ruler/supporters) can do about it. Plus you look at it in a SMA, where in the history of a monarchy did you ever see a King get protested out of office, with out an armed conflict of some sort? I cant think of one. especially in the time frame that we are playing in.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: June 16, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »
Indeed, but not a very honourable one. The one being protested cannot even fight back. For example. Realm A has 50 nobles. 15 of them protest, the Ruler is thrown out. 35 do not (supporters of the ruler) They can do nothing to help the ruler. Where as in a proper battle then support is required. This way only a small groups of nobles need to be willing to protest. Not the whole realm. And there is nothing the victims (ruler/supporters) can do about it. Plus you look at it in a SMA, where in the history of a monarchy did you ever see a King get protested out of office, with out an armed conflict of some sort? I cant think of one. especially in the time frame that we are playing in.

In the last two days, 8 nobles protested only once, one (thus a total of 9 different nobles out of 21) protested twice.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #113: June 16, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
The Lurians turn on each other again. Tell me something new.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: June 16, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »

They can fight back. If you get protested out but have a majority supporters, then those 35 nobles can vote back in the King they want. As that didn't happen, Tybalt obviously didn't have majority support.

If you control the Judge, then ban everyone who protests you. It could easily be considered a form of rebellion anyway, so take actions against it.

If you control the Banker, have him take gold from the people protesting to punish them.

If your the King, which you are, then make a new Duke in place of Fulco and ask the lords to reassign to the new Duke. Or make new duchies out of every one of his vassals and then ask the loyal ones to reassign to the Duke the King chooses.

If you control the General, then have him disband all militia in your city and regions, and ask another Lurian realm to invade to defend your thrown from the usurpers.

You have many options, some more drastic than others. Certainly fighting is more what people consider, but there are always options to fight back. (Unless you truly have no supporters in the realm, or are heavily outnumbered already) Then you'd lose anyway.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: June 16, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »
If you control the Banker, have him take gold from the people protesting to punish them.

This... is not possible?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: June 16, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »
This... is not possible?

Is the steal from regions broken or not working?

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: June 16, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
If your the King, which you are, then make a new Duke in place of Fulco and ask the lords to reassign to the new Duke. Or make new duchies out of every one of his vassals and then ask the loyal ones to reassign to the Duke the King chooses.

That was the first thing Tybalt tried when he became king, needless to say he failed pretty hard at it :P

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #118: June 16, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
Is the steal from regions broken or not working?
It works, however I assume that Vellos took your words to literally, i.e. that the banker would indeed steal from the nobles in stead of the tax offices of their regions.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: June 16, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
It works, however I assume that Vellos took your words to literally, i.e. that the banker would indeed steal from the nobles in stead of the tax offices of their regions.

Okay, makes sense. Yes, while the banker used to be able to do that one, I was just referring to the steal from regions, as it applied to the city of Giask, and any other lord supporters.