Author Topic: Luria  (Read 354428 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #120: June 16, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Okay, makes sense. Yes, while the banker used to be able to do that one, I was just referring to the steal from regions, as it applied to the city of Giask, and any other lord supporters.

But it'd be hard to steal a truly significant sum, wouldn't it?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: June 16, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
But it'd be hard to steal a truly significant sum, wouldn't it?

Yes. However, Giask makes a lot of gold. If you're fighting an internal rebellion (of any sort) you want the gold advantage. I was just suggesting steps that a King who truly had support and was only being fought by a minority could take.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: June 16, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
Time it right and you'll get 25% of the region's income. Not insignificant.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: June 19, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
It seems that Fulco is not trying to defend his honour. Tybalt has challenged him publicly to a duel to the death. Called him a coward and a Craven. Yet he refuses to accept it. Ah if only people would actually defend their honour these days :P

Tybalt was constantly insulted during the invasion of Pian but I didn't see him demanding satisfaction. Seriously, what a double standard.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: June 20, 2012, 03:43:52 AM »
The Lurians turn on each other again. Tell me something new.

Technically, these are Novans turning on Novans. Really, Lurians have nothing to fear from each other until they aspire to—or God help them become—ruler. These things happen when you have a very densely-packed subcontinent that sat alone in isolation for years.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: June 20, 2012, 04:20:20 AM »
Technically, these are Novans turning on Novans. Really, Lurians have nothing to fear from each other until they aspire to—or God help them become—ruler. These things happen when you have a very densely-packed subcontinent that sat alone in isolation for years.

Lurian ruler is probably the worst position you can be in. Where you want to be is Duke. That's the sweet spot.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: June 22, 2012, 12:50:08 AM »
Lurian ruler is probably the worst position you can be in. Where you want to be is Duke. That's the sweet spot.

Nope, you could be a banker. That's worse.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: June 22, 2012, 01:03:09 AM »
Nope, you could be a banker. That's worse.

Cmon...that was my job... :(

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: June 22, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »
Cmon...that was my job... :(

And you went to the exact opposite side of the continent to escape it!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: June 22, 2012, 11:14:52 AM »
And you went to the exact opposite side of the continent to escape it!

He's still alive... for now. King Koli and Queen Katerina both died (Well Koli is in a coma but its the figurative equivalent) Amaury is also dead. Alanna was deported once already and what she did to Shenron was much worse.

Rulers have terrible fates. But I feel as though being a Silverfire, or aspiring to be one in Luria, could be worse  :P.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: June 22, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »
Amaury is also dead.

Or so they keep saying >_>

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: June 22, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
He's still alive... for now. King Koli and Queen Katerina both died (Well Koli is in a coma but its the figurative equivalent) Amaury is also dead. Alanna was deported once already and what she did to Shenron was much worse.

Rulers have terrible fates. But I feel as though being a Silverfire, or aspiring to be one in Luria, could be worse  :P.

The best part for me about playing a Silverfire in Luria was that my character got away with the craziest ---- and never got in trouble for it. Brom was the root cause behind nearly every rebellion,civil war, and assassination attempt that occurred and hardly got any punishment or lost position for it. He was even able to manage a return to Luria and was almost instantly placed back into a realm council position.

Regardless of the turnout at the end of Brom's adventures in Luria, it was by far the most fun I've had on a single character. I've had some very fun moments on my Atamara char but Brom was my favorite for his duration in Luria.

Best part is, he still has supporters in Luria, although they make up maybe 5% of the population while those who hate him make up about 80% or more. Too bad, that probably means it will be near impossible for Brom to return again safely.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: June 22, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
Depends on how bored we are... If we have nothing else to do, why not bring Brom back for another game of "GET THE SILVERFIRE!!!" :P

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #133: June 22, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
I would join Solaria, but I am not a fan of months of travelling.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: June 22, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
Tybalt was constantly insulted during the invasion of Pian but I didn't see him demanding satisfaction. Seriously, what a double standard.

There is a slight difference here. You never called Tybalt a coward directly, and any insults/satisfaction was dealt with on the Battlefield. Jeffery tried to insult Tybalt, but he lost his region to Luria Nova. No need for any duels as it could all be dealt with on the battlefield.

If Fulco had launched an armed rebellion instead of a protest campaign, then there would be no need to duel, as any supporters of Tybalt could have joined in and any supporters of Fulco could have joined in. In the protest, only Fulco's supporters could help him out. Any of Tybalts supporters could just sit and watch the protest without being able to do anything.