Author Topic: Luria  (Read 359511 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #150: June 27, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
More drama! More excitement!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: June 27, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
Keeping the traditional values, huh?

I find comfort in this. Much comfort.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: June 27, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
More drama! More excitement!

You think? It becomes predictable after a while :P

"Hey, we haven't had a rebellion in two weeks! We should really do something about that... (goes off to corner to whisper with some others).

::)

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: June 27, 2012, 06:53:38 PM »
Dunno, from the latest developments it is not so certain anymore.

Well, we did win the first battle and just now win the second. I have high hopes  ;D
Then again, I have to have high hopes, I'm the one leading it.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Crusader

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: June 27, 2012, 11:41:41 PM »
What Tybalt supporters?

You mean that green knight you tried to appoint as judge and that old grumpy tarajist? The amount of effort I had to do to kick you out was even less then to kick out amaury, which says a lot about tybalt...

Well considering you only had 8 out of 21 nobles protesting, that means there was at least 13 that wasn't.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: June 27, 2012, 11:57:02 PM »
Well considering you only had 8 out of 21 nobles protesting, that means there was at least 13 that wasn't.

Well, there was you and your little friend Commius, and probably Tarajist, who were obviously on your side.

Of the other 18, I dare say a good percentage either didn't have chance to protest before you were protested out, were on the fence as to whether you should go or not, or just didn't care one way or the other.

It's not like lots of people were speaking up to support you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: June 28, 2012, 12:20:39 PM »
You think? It becomes predictable after a while :P

"Hey, we haven't had a rebellion in two weeks! We should really do something about that... (goes off to corner to whisper with some others).

::)

What makes it more fun and more dramatic is this "We should really do something about that" is fundamentally wrong. Every reason for civil war and rebellion so far has been pretty unique and quite gripping. The latest one in LV was split between OOC/IC reasons, since it was a barren wasteland. Nothing but orders were sent - seriously - and nothing happened save for Hendrick beating his wife in private. So evidently, something needed to be changed. From an IC standpoint, Bipel was hoarding over 1000 gold pieces a week without spending it on anything. It should be noted LV has crap recovering regions, which requires.... money. Militias aren't bought by the King so our army needs to mop up every turn. Our army, on that note, is the weakest by far on this entire continent, save for maybe PeL's, where "crap RC's" gains a whole new meaning. Again, this was not improved. And yet with all this, production stagnates like crazy due to absent lords. THEN RELIGION - which needs more power in the first place - is also a key concept, since Aetheris Pyrism deserves a theocracy in its name to fight off SA somewhat. That and it'll improve gameplay and opportunities.

The struggle between success and failure for such an ambition is what makes every Lurian civil war simply awesome. The last one was for the formation of a new realm, with new concepts and leaders, while the entire destruction - or almost - of Pian en Luries was witnessed. "The created shall destroy the creators", a wise holographic child made of pixels on my television screen once told my protagonist - also made of pixels.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #157: June 28, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
That sounds like the struggle between failure and absymal failure. :-/
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: June 28, 2012, 11:43:17 PM »
That sounds like the struggle between failure and absymal failure. :-/

I think its more the struggle between fun and more fun.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: June 29, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
I think its more the struggle between fun and more fun.

In the dwarf fortress sense of FUN
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: June 29, 2012, 02:42:22 AM »
!!FUN!!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: June 29, 2012, 03:56:40 AM »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: June 29, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »
Nothing but orders were sent - seriously - and nothing happened save for Hendrick beating his wife in private.

This made me lol ;D
Let's see the epilogue of this story. I hear there will be changes in the realm.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: June 30, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »
The upshot of this for the Federation itself is how quickly the issue became a Vesperi one alone. Nobody decided to use LV as a battlefield for a proxy war, and everybody seems content to let whoever emerges victorious from this rebellion pick up where the rest of LV left off. After all, federations are between realms, not people. It's been a good first test.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: June 30, 2012, 07:14:56 AM »
Since this is a Lurian thread, I wanted to touch on the main attribute the entire region has: culture. Now, we've evidently gone over the "civil war/backstabby/war mongering" aspect, but what of Luria's INTELLECTUAL side. You read that right! Welcome to OxfordMaster, where 20 or so nobles participate in a fiery debate over a word of choice. Our last debate was on the word "respect," and where respect is derived from and applied in real life medieval situations. If you like reading the dictionary, or creating a sludge mixture made of bone and flesh from continuous impacts your forehead makes with the table, then please consider joining us in Luria!

Sponsored by the Lurians Hate You Association  © Lurian Empire 1012

The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus