Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360764 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #180: July 10, 2012, 02:52:16 AM »
Ahem. Two lordships opened up because one paused when we found out he was going to attempt a hamfisted rebellion, and the other through inactivity. One person gave up a duchy to make way for another and was appointed to the region where the lord went inactive. The other vacancy was filled by an existing lord, who's region was filled manually after the election never started. As to why a character who'd been there 5 days was appointed, there was a well-established link between her "father", the Duke of Astrum and Malus, and she came to Solaria by invitation.

Mind you, three of the other candidates had been in the realm LESS than five days, and happened to lead a failed rebellion in the neighboring realm. And, oh yeah, they're all Pyrist zealots coming to a realm that is increasingly filling up with them while the anti-Astroist rhetoric grows. Can't imagine why I wouldn't just let the election run! But you wouldn't be knowing anything about all that, huh?  ;)

PS: We're taking Axewild and Girich, and those elections WILL run without intervention.

PSS: And you're earning more than 100 gold per week, not accounting for the ridiculously high rates I run in the town, after three days in the realm, having taken the smallest estate I had, and having narrowly avoided a Federation-wide banishment thanks to my furious lobbying. Remind me again why I expend so much goodwill on people who never recognize it? Oh yeah, because I'm an idiot!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:02:33 AM by Solari »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: July 10, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »
Ahem. Two lordships opened up because one paused when we found out he was going to attempt a hamfisted rebellion, and the other through inactivity. One person gave up a duchy to make way for another and was appointed to the region where the lord went inactive. The other vacancy was filled by an existing lord, who's region was filled manually after the election never started. As to why a character who'd been there 5 days was appointed, there was a well-established link between her "father", the Duke of Astrum and Malus, and she came to Solaria by invitation.

Mind you, three of the other candidates had been in the realm LESS than five days, and happened to lead a failed rebellion in the neighboring realm. And, oh yeah, they're all Pyrist zealots coming to a realm that is increasingly filling up with them while the anti-Astroist rhetoric grows. Can't imagine why I wouldn't just let the election run! But you wouldn't be knowing anything about all that, huh?  ;)

PS: We're taking Axewild and Girich, and those elections WILL run without intervention.

Vote in Brom for one of the lordships and I may let you keep your Rulership. ;)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zakilevo

« Reply #182: July 10, 2012, 02:57:50 AM »
As to why a character who'd been there 5 days was appointed, there was a well-established link between her "father", the Duke of Astrum and Malus, and she came to Solaria by invitation.

That is me. Muwahahah!  ;)

egamma

« Reply #183: July 10, 2012, 04:22:55 AM »
PSS: And you're earning more than 100 gold per week,

As a D'Haran I laugh at that paltry sum.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: July 10, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »
From what i hear D'harans remind me of the trade princes from ASOIAF

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: July 10, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »

PSS: And you're earning more than 100 gold per week, not accounting for the ridiculously high rates I run in the town, after three days in the realm, having taken the smallest estate I had, and having narrowly avoided a Federation-wide banishment thanks to my furious lobbying. Remind me again why I expend so much goodwill on people who never recognize it? Oh yeah, because I'm an idiot!

Mind you, I find it hilarious and fully support it. There were about 7 people running. 2 people lead the failed rebellion and ran, which doesn't even account for a third of the runners. And like SA is prevalent in Solaria, not a single word mentioning stars, religion, or a dark red color has been mentioned as of yet; some zealots you guys are :P.

PS: SURE they will. That's what you said about Flying Hongrns.

PSS: I made 77 gold on the last tax day, which is about 77% of the minimum figure you're putting forward. When it comes to gold, Solari offers the flip side of the truth  8).
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: July 10, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »
Mind you, I find it hilarious and fully support it. There were about 7 people running. 2 people lead the failed rebellion and ran, which doesn't even account for a third of the runners. And like SA is prevalent in Solaria, not a single word mentioning stars, religion, or a dark red color has been mentioned as of yet; some zealots you guys are :P.

PSS: I made 77 gold on the last tax day, which is about 77% of the minimum figure you're putting forward. When it comes to gold, Solari offers the flip side of the truth  8).

You had some wild lands that needed to be assigned. Should be higher now. If it isn't to your liking, there are about 30 other vacant estates in the realm. You choose the Purlieus, remember. There aren't any zealots in Solaria because it isn't an Astrocracy. There are more Pyrists than Astroists, and more pagans than both of them combined. What sort of propaganda does AP issue its members?  >:(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:39:56 PM by Solari »

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: July 10, 2012, 03:25:34 PM »
You had some wild lands that needed to be assigned. Should be higher now. If it isn't to your liking, there are about 30 other vacant estates in the realm. You choose the Purlieus, remember. There aren't any zealots in Solaria because it isn't an Astrocracy. There are more Pyrists than Astroists, and more pagans than both of them combined. What sort of propaganda does AP issue its members?  >:(

Sorry to inform you but it was you who supported the zealots, not the Church. AP is actually trialing them for heresy.
You make the mistake, we get stuck fixing it, you blame it on us! >:(
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: July 10, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »
Sorry to inform you but it was you who supported the zealots, not the Church. AP is actually trialing them for heresy.
You make the mistake, we get stuck fixing it, you blame it on us! >:(

I have the worst judgement ever.  :'(

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: July 10, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
I have the worst judgement ever.  :'(

I know that's not regarding me!  ;D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: July 10, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »
I know that's not regarding me!  ;D

Nope, its regarding me(and friends). He's realizing that without the Manifest Path to balance things out, Solaria is going to be overrun.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: July 10, 2012, 11:48:27 PM »
Nope, its regarding me(and friends). He's realizing that without the Manifest Path to balance things out, Solaria is going to be overrun.

Oh noes my legacy.  :'(

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: July 11, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
Oh noes my legacy.  :'(

So get someone to found Quintarianism if you're worried about having a counterbalance to other religions in the area.  It's realm-agnostic, has prescriptions for practical life, and is looking for a home in BM.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: July 11, 2012, 01:59:02 AM »
So get someone to found Quintarianism if you're worried about having a counterbalance to other religions in the area.  It's realm-agnostic, has prescriptions for practical life, and is looking for a home in BM.

Didn't you try to found that in Carelia or something?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: July 11, 2012, 02:20:41 AM »
Didn't you try to found that in Carelia or something?

I had planned to, but then Carelia was getting its ass handed to it by a realm with a militantly realm-supportive religion.

That didn't seem like a recipe for longevity.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan