Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360828 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #210: July 15, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »
Ah, back to the blood feuds. That didn't end well last time...

I am more optimistic about these ones.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: July 16, 2012, 03:45:20 AM »
Ah, back to the blood feuds. That didn't end well last time...

Well, didn't end well for some people...

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: July 16, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »
This is going to be fun. Nice bit of drama to the otherwise dull winter. And a death to boot!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: August 10, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
R.I.P. D'Hara.  :'(

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: August 10, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
Yeah, pretty much. Sucks to be Terran right now. Looks like they're going to be trying to tame the Aurvandilian dragon pretty much by themselves. I'd start talking peace, and fast.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: August 10, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »
What happened? Starvation?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: August 10, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »

Starvation made them weak. The finishing blow will be intentional.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: August 10, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »

D'Hara wishes. Luria (like, all of it, not just one realm) just declared they would be going to war with D'Hara. I don't see any formal declarations yet, but Alanna made the annoucement in the rulers channel about an hour ago.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: August 10, 2012, 07:26:24 PM »
I called the D'haran downfall Days ago on IRC. Man we are losing realms left and right. Oh well, you were a good enemy whilst you were one D'hara.  :P

egamma

« Reply #219: August 10, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »
They will have to travel through days of starvation, over the sea lane to Port Nebel, before they can attack. Have fun with that.

They'd been promising for weeks to attack Aurvandil, and then turn and attack D'Hara instead? Cowards.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: August 10, 2012, 07:58:01 PM »
They will have to travel through days of starvation, over the sea lane to Port Nebel, before they can attack. Have fun with that.

They'd been promising for weeks to attack Aurvandil, and then turn and attack D'Hara instead? Cowards.

It has nothing to do with being afraid of Aurvandil, though I suppose there is an element of cowardice involved. However, it's more like political cowardice, since attacking Aurvandil without ripping Luria apart might have required some tricky maneuvering internally.

No, the reasons given for attacking D'Hara are real, and only the internal politics weighed heavier, not worries that Aurvandil would chew us up and spit us out.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: August 10, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »
Still pretty low to promise someone aid for weeks only to turn on them in their hour of need. Any way you spin it.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: August 10, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »
No lower than D'hara and Terran going to war with Aurvandil while their ally Barca is trying to sue for peace, and pretty much ensure the destruction of that realm.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: August 10, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
Running a kingdom has nothing to do with morals and if you think it does you are in dream land... Virtue is attained by the victor. This isnt the 20th century, THIS IS BATTLEMASTER!!!!!! N. n nbnbnhggh
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: August 10, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »
I think the notion that Luria isn't also going to move against Aurvandil/Falkirk is premature. Just saying. There are five of us. We can muli-task.