Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360841 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #255: August 12, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »
The Moot stuck between a hammer and an anvil.

Time for SA to swear fealty to Aurvandil and for Luria to federate with them. Then finally the Zuma can be eliminated.

Go ahead and sigh on the dotted line and we'll only take 50% of your tax income and not allow you to build walls higher than lvl 1. Trust me the other options are much worse :P

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: August 12, 2012, 09:04:12 PM »
So entertaining. Gotta love Dwilight, when people actually talk,

Where don't they?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

« Reply #257: August 13, 2012, 02:55:43 AM »
The silver platter would have been a nice gesture. Guess us Solarians are just gonna have to push on. Poor D'hara. Should've kept their mainland invasion plots a little quieter.

And dear lord, the generals have been a riot.

Sevastian v. Kendal. Sevastian v. Tarajist. Chatter from the 'moot.

So entertaining. Gotta love Dwilight, when people actually talk,

For the last time--we had no plots to invade Giask.

Here's a summary of the conversations in the House of Lords months ago:

Chenier: Fissoa declared war without consulting us, and wants us to attack Giask. We have an alliance with them but it is only defensive.
Kendal: The Lurians are a bunch of snakes, that's why I left. They have always wanted to attack D'Hara.
Gornak, other nobles: We buy food from the Lurians. This will be bad for business and feeding our realm. Also, we have a total lack of cohesion in the army--our nobles could never pull this off, and they will see us coming for several days before we even arrive over that blasted sea route. There's no way this will ever work.
Message to Fissoa: Sorry, you got yourselves in this war without us, you'll have to get yourselves out of it the same way.

If that is "plotting", then "Bloodstars" is my middle name.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: August 13, 2012, 03:16:08 AM »
For the last time--we had no plots to invade Giask.

Here's a summary of the conversations in the House of Lords months ago:

Chenier: Fissoa declared war without consulting us, and wants us to attack Giask. We have an alliance with them but it is only defensive.
Kendal: The Lurians are a bunch of snakes, that's why I left. They have always wanted to attack D'Hara.
Gornak, other nobles: We buy food from the Lurians. This will be bad for business and feeding our realm. Also, we have a total lack of cohesion in the army--our nobles could never pull this off, and they will see us coming for several days before we even arrive over that blasted sea route. There's no way this will ever work.
Message to Fissoa: Sorry, you got yourselves in this war without us, you'll have to get yourselves out of it the same way.

If that is "plotting", then "Bloodstars" is my middle name.

Then you can blame Chénier for the attack, because that's not what he told Luria.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: August 13, 2012, 03:41:20 AM »
Blame Canada!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: August 13, 2012, 04:20:04 AM »
Then you can blame Chénier...

Ah, the old Anaris line. Things change, but some things stay the same.  ;D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: August 13, 2012, 04:48:38 AM »
D'Hara truly does have the blame for this one.

Brom asked you for your support in helping Pian en Luries fight back the rest of Luria. Instead you stood by and watched. Now you get destroyed. Just goes to show the golden rule:

"Help Brom no matter what, but make sure that you never get caught doing so."
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

egamma

« Reply #262: August 13, 2012, 04:52:30 AM »
Then you can blame Chénier for the attack, because that's not what he told Luria.

I need to Exile him...pondering, pondering...

We may have discussed it for a few days, but that's normal for anything Battlemaster. We didn't raise an army or anything like that.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: August 13, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »
Ah, yes, the time-honored tactic of "blaming the paused noble".

This noble insulted our banner, slept with my daughter, and defecated on my bed! I demand satisfaction from your realm! What do you mean I need proof?! I don't need no stinking proof! He's not denying it is he?!

D'Hara truly does have the blame for this one.

Brom asked you for your support in helping Pian en Luries fight back the rest of Luria. Instead you stood by and watched. Now you get destroyed. Just goes to show the golden rule:

"Help Brom no matter what, but make sure that you never get caught doing so."

No, that would have just given the Lurians a legitimate reason to destroy us. You picked a fight that you had no chance to win, and then balked when others refuse to commit suicide with you.

My realm lasted longer than your realm. That's a win in my book.  ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: August 13, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »
..and defecated on my bed!

What sort of crazy bastard would do this?!

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: August 13, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »

The best one.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: August 13, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
Why are we actually having a debate about whether a reason to go to war is acceptable or not? The reasons given IC are accurate, as experienced by the characters involved. Debating the merits of the decision to go to war is just silly, though. It's called BattleMaster, folks.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: August 13, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

What sort of crazy person cuts off a limb of every messenger that Brom sends to him? Long story short: It only happens in Luria.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

egamma

« Reply #268: August 13, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »
What sort of crazy person cuts off a limb of every messenger that Brom sends to him? Long story short: It only happens in Luria.

Wasn't the Terrance-bed-defecation done in Candiels?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #269: August 13, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
Man, for a while there this thread felt like reddit... -_-
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.