Author Topic: Luria  (Read 361057 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #375: September 28, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »
So. How gos the wars guys? What are their names anyways?

Solaria and Luria Nova humiliated themselves against D'Hara.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #376: September 28, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
I really don't see how that happened as they are both pretty much fully functioning and D'Hara has been in the crapper for quite a while.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #377: September 28, 2012, 01:54:55 AM »
I really don't see how that happened as they are both pretty much fully functioning and D'Hara has been in the crapper for quite a while.

They sent us forces, which we shamelessly crushed.

And our current state is nowhere near any of their doing, it's just global food !@#$up.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #378: September 28, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
Solaria and Luria Nova humiliated themselves against D'Hara.

Solarian military is probably the least coordinated of any army I've seen.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #379: September 28, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »

That's one of the most surprising things I've ever heard.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

egamma

« Reply #380: September 28, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
That's one of the most surprising things I've ever heard.

You haven't seen their army arrive in 5 waves over a land-route, then. It reminds me of Madina attacking Paisly over a sea route--but Solaria's route is shorter and Madina didn't have the "delay arrival" feature.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #381: September 28, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »

They're.... worse than Terran?

I didn't know that was even possible....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #382: September 28, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »
You haven't seen their army arrive in 5 waves over a land-route, then. It reminds me of Madina attacking Paisly over a sea route--but Solaria's route is shorter and Madina didn't have the "delay arrival" feature.

I guess I really bought in to the whole Solarian propaganda machine, then.

That's actually pretty funny because most of Solaria ripped on PeL OOC for a while for spreading soldiers out over two waves accidentally.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #383: September 28, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
They're.... worse than Terran?

I didn't know that was even possible....

We've gotten slightly better! Still bad, but better.

I'm just proud and impressed that our last refit matched Aurvandil's refit time almost exactly. Literally we began arriving in Paisland just as they began arriving in Maeotis. Should/could we have been quicker? Yes. Would being quicker have helped and opened up several opportunities for us? Yes. But we did relatively well given the circumstances.

But yeah, hard to imagine a Lurian realm being worse than Terran. Maybe its because they just can't get themselves as motivated to fight somebody that isn't a fellow Lurian?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #384: September 29, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty damned bad. Basically a clusterfail of communication.

So much for well laid plans. Oh well, the war continues!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #385: September 29, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
I guess I really bought in to the whole Solarian propaganda machine, then.

That's actually pretty funny because most of Solaria ripped on PeL OOC for a while for spreading soldiers out over two waves accidentally.

Yeah, we've gotten really, really, really bad. These things happen. (un?)Fortunately, I'm so busy with work and life that it's no longer my problem! Malus stepped down today.  8)

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #386: September 29, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
Yeah, we've gotten really, really, really bad. These things happen. (un?)Fortunately, I'm so busy with work and life that it's no longer my problem! Malus stepped down today.  8)

[joke] Vote Hendrick Madigan for Arbiter :P [/joke]
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #387: September 30, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »

If things go a certain way, it should pick back up. Having lost the traitors, the dissidents, and other undesirables, it's about time for everyone else to realize the gain that this kind of upheaval can make possible. All except one or two in realm are active, loyal, and none too happy with their Lurian counterparts.

From what I understand, Luria Nova feels they wasted time and money on the assault because it wasn't a decisive victory. Solaria feels they wasted the exact same things, waiting on the Novans to move out of Girich and to the front. The travel times and lack of communication shafted things, but are easily remedied now that Hrok cleaned the IWC and that things are getting shaken up.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #388: September 30, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »
If things go a certain way, it should pick back up. Having lost the traitors, the dissidents, and other undesirables, it's about time for everyone else to realize the gain that this kind of upheaval can make possible. All except one or two in realm are active, loyal, and none too happy with their Lurian counterparts.

I'm of the opinion that getting rid of what makes Luria unique is exactly what's killing it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #389: September 30, 2012, 01:16:53 PM »
I'm of the opinion that getting rid of what makes Luria unique is exactly what's killing it.

Nothing lasts forever.

The power struggles were what made Republic of Fwuvoghor unique, before the Lefanis banned the dissidents.

In every power struggle, you've got people who just want to win, and who will be ready to achieve it at all costs.