Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360433 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #405: October 02, 2012, 06:46:32 AM »
Bah, Aurvandil is a just a big misunderstood teddy bear! Everyone else seems to piss it off. I've had nothing but friendly discourses with them. :)

And yeah, starvation plus angry ugly midgets throwing coins on atlatls was a potent combination. I lost most of my men due to be trampled after they fell off their horses laughing, and then the horses joined in with a chuckle and killed most of them off with their shiny armor-shod legs and hooves. The horses survived to a man though, so well done Solarian armorers!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: October 02, 2012, 07:24:51 AM »
And it could have been Aurvandil! But no, ya'll were all like, "Let's go starve to death in a desert then get pwned by merchants with pointy sticks pelting us with coins." You could have been dying the waves lapping the Madinan coastline red with your blood spilled in wild assaults on the Falkirkian heathens.

Lurian's get sea sick
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #407: October 02, 2012, 09:01:20 AM »
Lurian's get sea sick

Lurians just have perpetual backstabbing disorder.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: October 02, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
Aurvandil has resumed being the strongest realm on the continent (by far), and the Falkirian Freestate is rising quickly and likely to end up second.

I guess the Lurias just want to be wiped off by them.

After all, it's not as if they needed much of an excuse to wage war on Barca, breaking their treaties. If the Lurians can't even launch a successful assault on D'Hara, it's gonna be pretty painful once Aurvandil focuses eastward.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: October 02, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
Lurian's get sea sick

Hm... well I guess that makes the decision to, you know, try to invade D'Hara, an island nation, an even worse decision than we already thought.

Aurvandil has resumed being the strongest realm on the continent (by far), and the Falkirian Freestate is rising quickly and likely to end up second.

Aurvandil + plus Falkirk could spank any realm or coalition of realms on Dwilight. Even the Astrocracies. They are utterly unlike anything I've seen in BM before.

Bah, Aurvandil is a just a big misunderstood teddy bear! Everyone else seems to piss it off. I've had nothing but friendly discourses with them. :)

You must be a much stronger person than I. They are completely intolerable in any conversation I've 1) had with them or 2) seen transcribed to someone else. I have literally never seen arrogance and offensiveness on that level before (on BM).
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: October 02, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
Machiavel had good discussions with them, Mendicant seemed quite found of him and D'Hara.

But that being said, we were in a federation, and it was rather silly of him to think that D'Hara wouldn't step in to help Barca. Especially when, you know, they detain what we require most: affordable food.

I don't think that Aurvandil and the Falkirian Freestate are invincible. But I do think that the more we wait, the harder it will be, because we'll be weakening each other as they grow stronger.

The thing with Aurvandil is that they have a super efficient huge army. But with sea travel, their borders will be quite porous. Everyone could strike at them from everywhere. Indeed, everyone could gather right off the coast of Candiels, wait for them to wank at Terran, and then offload onto shore in a rural next door and then march into their capital. Or just go on a general looting run. If various realms decided to interfere, without even needing their whole army, they could send marauding squads to loot Aurvandil and the Freestate, earning gold for themselves while lowering southern wealth and productivity and forcing them to split up that huge army of theirs.

Intervening south would have been a much more prudent move than letter their ally, Fissoa, get swallowed up by the Freestate. 'Cause I'm not convinced that the Freestate could have retaken all that they had lost on the isle if the Lurias had been backing Fissoa against them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: October 02, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
Oh all this good talk is going to make me blush :P I'm curious as to why you guys think the Falkirks are rising in power so fast. Also the aurvandilan army has a Opoint turn radius :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #412: October 02, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »
One of many reasons why I paused my character on Dwilight.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: October 02, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
One of many reasons why I paused my character on Dwilight.

What? Unpause. If you think Allison has created lulz since she's left rulership, think of what Malus is going to do. After all, people know Allison is insane and have had years to take one side of a polarized spectrum of opinion. Malus has stockpiled goodwill all over the continent and keeps his trap shut about it.

There will be lulz, oh yes.  8)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #414: October 02, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
Hm... well I guess that makes the decision to, you know, try to invade D'Hara, an island nation, an even worse decision than we already thought.

Aurvandil + plus Falkirk could spank any realm or coalition of realms on Dwilight. Even the Astrocracies. They are utterly unlike anything I've seen in BM before.

You must be a much stronger person than I. They are completely intolerable in any conversation I've 1) had with them or 2) seen transcribed to someone else. I have literally never seen arrogance and offensiveness on that level before (on BM).

I meant this as my reason why.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: October 02, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
...wait for them to wank at Terran...

...wait for them to what?

egamma

« Reply #416: October 02, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »
...wait for them to what?

He means "take a stab at them", not sure why "wank" = "stab" all of the sudden...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: October 02, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
He means "take a stab at them", not sure why "wank" = "stab" all of the sudden...

Because stabbing is dull.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418: October 03, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »
Quote from: Perth
This kind of efficiency was routine about 5 or 6 years ago. Its how realms like Perdan, Sirion, CE, Abington, etc, were able to march around with 70KCS armies. The only thing new here is that they are controled/managed enough to do it under the new tax system.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: October 03, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »
I don't see how any one thinks that SA couldn't defeat Aurvandil. and Falkirk. Especially if the war was fought in kabrinskian lands, pretty close to Astrum. Of the 530-ish characters on dwilight 200 of them are brought together by SA. far more than any other "faction". Even with the Aurvandil's knack for efficiency, that is still a staggering number of characters to go up against. (note that is ALL characters not just active because i didn't feel like adding up all the active characters and total characters was readily available. I just use the figure to show the staggering amount of characters in SA. It should be called Starlight instead of dwilight :P )
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:41:06 AM by Lanyon »