Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360502 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #480: October 23, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »
D'Hara has DEFEATED Solaria.

On another note: illegal realm merger?

Christ alive, this wasn't a merger, and as far as I know (and after reviewing Delvin's comments in the other thread, it wasn't) a bug exploit.  Some very clever characters presented Malus with a set of facts that, when measured against what he already knew, pointed to an outcome that he found so abhorrent that he abandoned a realm named after himself. This was neither convenient nor easy for me as a player, but it is exactly what the character would have done.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 11:55:13 PM by Solari »

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #481: October 23, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »
Christ alive, this wasn't a merger, and as far as I know, it wasn't a bug exploit.  Some very clever characters presented Malus with a set of facts that, when measured against what he already knew, pointed to an outcome that he found so abhorrent that he abandoned a realm named after himself. This was neither convenient nor easy for me as a player, but it is exactly what the character would have done.

Reads: enterprising individuals fabricated something, and it was believed without a second thought or even a word of it to the people it implicated.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #482: October 23, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »
Reads: enterprising individuals fabricated something, and it was believed without a second thought or even a word of it to the people it implicated.

You keep taking this personally, and I can only remind you that this is a game so many times.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #483: October 23, 2012, 11:58:06 PM »
Christ alive, this wasn't a merger, and as far as I know, it wasn't a bug exploit.  Some very clever characters presented Malus with a set of facts that, when measured against what he already knew, pointed to an outcome that he found so abhorrent that he abandoned a realm named after himself. This was neither convenient nor easy for me as a player, but it is exactly what the character would have done.

Man, I approached things completely the wrong way.

This sort of thing does make me wish I was back in Luria though.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #484: October 24, 2012, 12:00:50 AM »
You keep taking this personally, and I can only remind you that this is a game so many times.

No, I'm talking about the fact that in the span of three hours, malus changed his opinion 180 degrees and said not a word to the individual who was being accused, even though said person had sworn personal allegiance to malus.

This has nothing to do with how I as the player feel.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #485: October 24, 2012, 12:02:47 AM »

Then why are you so mad?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #486: October 24, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »
No, I'm talking about the fact that in the span of three hours, malus changed his opinion 180 degrees and said not a word to the individual who was being accused, even though said person had sworn personal allegiance to malus.

Malus acted in a span of three hours, but this goes back at least 60 days. Sevastian didn't hear anything for the same reason that Alanna didn't hear anything, for the same reason that Fulco learned about it today. You don't survive in Luria by trusting very many people. Particularly not when all of them were implicated in some way or another.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #487: October 24, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »
Then why are you so mad?

I as the player am upset because I made a mistake. But that is irrelevant to Sevastian's response.

The character is outraged because he sacrificed considerably for Malus, only to have malus turn around and betray him and break his own oath.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488: October 24, 2012, 12:09:21 AM »
You don't survive in Luria by trusting very many people.

So true.

This is an interesting discourse.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #489: October 24, 2012, 12:15:26 AM »
Sevastian, a puppet to Malus and to Alanna, ends up betrayed by both.

Shoulda signed peace with D'Hara when you had the chance.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #490: October 24, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »
Another case of fabricated evidence?

This should get (more) interesting!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #491: October 24, 2012, 12:22:08 AM »
Sevastian, a puppet to Malus and to Alanna, ends up betrayed by both.

Shoulda signed peace with D'Hara when you had the chance.

I don't think Alanna is foolish enough to betray Sevastian, in fact the two got along rather well from the letters sent between them.

Lurians are known for one thing that I can think of, over all others: the Blood Debt.

Malus owes Sevastian big time now, and the acceptance of whatever letter Malus sent to Fulco has put Fulco on the list too. Should be interesting. Duels definitely coming. And yeah, I'm confident enough to say duels not a duel.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #492: October 24, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »
Another case of fabricated evidence?

This should get (more) interesting!

:-X
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #493: October 24, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »
I don't think Alanna is foolish enough to betray Sevastian, in fact the two got along rather well from the letters sent between them.

Lurians are known for one thing that I can think of, over all others: the Blood Debt.

Malus owes Sevastian big time now, and the acceptance of whatever letter Malus sent to Fulco has put Fulco on the list too. Should be interesting. Duels definitely coming. And yeah, I'm confident enough to say duels not a duel.

Goddamnit. Kamron likes Sevastian. A lot. Then again, he's also sorta Fulco's champion. :(

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #494: October 24, 2012, 12:26:47 AM »
As Sevastian is a Monarch himself, there is no legal need for a champion.