Author Topic: Luria  (Read 361006 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #495: October 24, 2012, 12:32:20 AM »
As Sevastian is a Monarch himself, there is no legal need for a champion.

Somehow I doubt that argument will stand. :P

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #496: October 24, 2012, 12:32:30 AM »
Lurians are known for one thing that I can think of, over all others: the Blood Debt.

Malus owes Sevastian big time now, and the acceptance of whatever letter Malus sent to Fulco has put Fulco on the list too. Should be interesting. Duels definitely coming. And yeah, I'm confident enough to say duels not a duel.

The Blood Debt is actually a fairly recent creation. Malus came up with it as a reason to get rid of some of his enemies.

It has definitely not been in place for that long as my character was there for a very long time.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #497: October 24, 2012, 12:39:18 AM »
Somehow I doubt that argument will stand. :P

And if he refuses, then he admits fault and cowardice.

Either way, Sevastian wins.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #498: October 24, 2012, 12:47:33 AM »
And if he refuses, then he admits fault and cowardice.

Either way, Sevastian wins.

Looks to me that, either way, Sevastian lost his realm.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #499: October 24, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »
Not really a loss.

There are a few really amazing characters that Sevastian worked with, but if they are willing to go along with whatever mumbojumbo Malus is passing about, then it's not a loss at all.

The land still belongs to Solaria, not Luria Nova. And even if it's years away, it will be reclaimed.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #500: October 24, 2012, 01:27:00 AM »
Sevastian, a puppet to Malus and to Alanna, ends up betrayed by both.

Alanna has not betrayed Sevastian; she was blindsided by this, too, and is still very angry with Malus for doing it.

In the end, though, she will betray him, simply because her fate is bound to Luria, and he now hates it. She won't blame him, and will quite sympathize, but it won't stop her from fighting for Luria with everything she has when he comes calling to collect his debt from Malus, and, by extension, from her.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501: October 24, 2012, 01:50:27 AM »
You keep taking this personally, and I can only remind you that this is a game so many times.

That is the problem with #lurias . If you want your character to betray someone you'll almost be forced to lie OoC. That is why whenever it happens it's as a result of, or results in, OoC fights. The IC/OoC separation is  so thin, way too clanish-like.

Now, if you are not in the channel (or in the several more private ones) you have little chances in politics, except as a pawn.

The Blood Debt is actually a fairly recent creation. Malus came up with it as a reason to get rid of some of his enemies.

It has definitely not been in place for that long as my character was there for a very long time.

This is an entirely Solarian invention, not Lurian at all. And when Tybalt tried to duel people he was mostly laughed at. I really doubt Sevastian will meet a very different response.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #502: October 24, 2012, 01:50:59 AM »
Alanna has not betrayed Sevastian; she was blindsided by this, too, and is still very angry with Malus for doing it.

In the end, though, she will betray him, simply because her fate is bound to Luria, and he now hates it. She won't blame him, and will quite sympathize, but it won't stop her from fighting for Luria with everything she has when he comes calling to collect his debt from Malus, and, by extension, from her.

Sevastian doesn't hate Luria now. He hates Malus. Huge difference. The debt to Sevastian isn't owed by all of Luria, just those individuals that permitted the situation to come to pass.

If Fulco were to relinquish the lands back to Sevastian, then we could carry on with the idea of a Lurian Empire. But I don't see Fulco playing pragmatic regarding this situation, and the whole thing will lead to interesting new twists in the story of Luria.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #503: October 24, 2012, 01:53:23 AM »
This is an entirely Solarian invention, not Lurian at all. And when Tybalt tried to duel people he was mostly laughed at. I really doubt Sevastian will meet a very different response.

Sevastian isn't Tybalt. He can make things far, far worse than Tybalt could.

Malus or Fulco refusing the duel would be tantamount to admitting treachery and dishonour upon their houses. It's too public a matter to be refused without great shame.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #504: October 24, 2012, 03:45:01 AM »
It's too public a matter to be refused without great shame.

Is that what you think? Huh.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #505: October 24, 2012, 05:00:11 AM »
Is that what you think? Huh.

Huh, indeed.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506: October 24, 2012, 05:12:44 AM »
Just duel. Get it over with.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #507: October 24, 2012, 05:22:37 AM »
Just duel. Get it over with.

That's what I'm saying!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #508: October 24, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »
Luria: the Soap Opera of Battlemaster.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #509: October 24, 2012, 07:11:40 AM »
Luria: the Soap Opera of Battlemaster.
+1
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton