Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360834 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #555: November 20, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
They aren't especially ludicrous. They're just the same terms that Rynn was pushing before, only this time without the support of Morek and from a clearly disadvantaged position, if the huge Novan army on the doorstep of a relatively undefended Shinnen is any indication. D'Hara and LV entered into an alliance of convenience, and one is trying to save the other by wading into a Lurian affair. That never works out. Luria's like the Afghanistan of Dwilight.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #556: November 20, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »
btw how did all those lurian regions become part of Morek, for the sake of just creating a huge realm or what?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #557: November 20, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
btw how did all those lurian regions become part of Morek, for the sake of just creating a huge realm or what?

Someone was planning for big changes in Luria that weren't exactly aligned with the plans of the current ruling class, so they were banned and took their duchy with them.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #558: November 20, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »
Someone was planning for big changes in Luria that weren't exactly aligned with the plans of the current ruling class, so they were banned and took their duchy with them.

But aren't those regions once claimed under the north devide treaty by pian en luries, which extends into luria nova?
Or is luria nova giving up those claims?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #559: November 20, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »
Luria's like the Afghanistan of Dwilight.

HAAAA! I loved this.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #560: November 21, 2012, 12:06:22 AM »
well, dhara's peace offer was just rejected, curious if the new offer from ln will be accepted by them. And there will come big changes to luria, just not yet...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #561: November 21, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »
You mean:

1) Recognition of D'Hara's claims to Sallowcape
2) Agreeing to peace with Luria Vesperi as well

?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #562: November 21, 2012, 12:46:16 AM »
The Vesperi thing is especially ridiculous. Luria will never accept others dictating how we handle Lurian affairs. Any peace terms that include LV are therefore received by LN as a joke.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #563: November 21, 2012, 01:03:48 AM »
The Vesperi thing is especially ridiculous. Luria will never accept others dictating how we handle Lurian affairs. Any peace terms that include LV are therefore received by LN as a joke.

Regardless of how LN may view LV, D'Hara views it as an ally. D'Hara doesn't ditch allies. LV went to war because of D'Hara, it would be dishonorable to let them down.

Besides, we just took back Paisly, which had been occupying a good number of our forces. Our forces will now be able to return back East to deal with LN.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564: November 21, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »
Hey folks. Would anyone mind explaining to me what's the difference between the Lurian nations?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #565: November 21, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »
Regardless of how LN may view LV, D'Hara views it as an ally. D'Hara doesn't ditch allies. LV went to war because of D'Hara, it would be dishonorable to let them down.

Maybe, but it'd be unthinkable to let bipel keep his crown.

Besides, we just took back Paisly, which had been occupying a good number of our forces. Our forces will now be able to return back East to deal with LN.

I look forward to it. :)

Hey folks. Would anyone mind explaining to me what's the difference between the Lurian nations?

Sorry if it's a little chaotic:
LV was created by LN, Bipel put on the throne by Fulco and adapted into the Empire but then fell out of the rest of the Empire's good graces by blocking any progress and not contributing in anything that we /did/ decide. And then there was some stuff with D'Hara and the taking in of people exiled from Luria, a poorly communicated plan to replace LV with the recently fallen Pian en Luries (due to the grand starvation and a sabotaging lord of their only region). They got kicked out of the Empire but remained in the federation on the premise that if they kicked out Bipel and a few other undesirables, they could return. Finally LV allied with D'Hara and broke the federation saying they did not wish war, but sending troops to loot our lands anyway. And that brings us to the the rest of Luria (now only Luria Nova) descending on LV.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #566: November 21, 2012, 01:31:55 AM »
I understand LN's position on this quite clearly.

I was just stating D'Hara's.

Unless Morek pulls its weigh to pressure either side to accept any given conditions, I don't see peace being achieved. Nor any significant progress being made by neither LN or D'Hara/LV.

Only Aurvandil sighing with relief that all three are fighting each other instead of fighting them.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #567: November 21, 2012, 01:33:38 AM »
Pretty much, Coldchest didn't agree with the empire and rather than break ties amicably, chose to stall until you all got pissed off enough to go to war, took in those you deemed undesirable, and kept fighting your will. That either makes him a ballsy hero or an utter dumbass, all depending on the context of said decisions he failed to agree with and uphold.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #568: November 21, 2012, 02:10:54 AM »
That either makes him a ballsy hero or an utter dumbass, all depending on the context of said decisions he failed to agree with and uphold.

He's obstructing the One Holy Righteous Cause Of All Dwilight Against The Unbearably Evil and Very Bad Nobles of Aurvandil. Thus he's an utter dumbass, not a ballsy hero.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #569: November 21, 2012, 02:18:14 AM »
>.>

Hrmm. Damn it Coldchest! He took my City (still pissed about that! Completely ruined my plans to introduce my religion in the first conquered city after the Daimon invasion, I didn't post a good 30 pages of RP, gather the support of those in power, and work to gain the trust of the people just to have a useless, crazy, self-absorbed idiot take the Lordship out from under me :P  Robb Coldchest's a real piece of work, hahaha, as Bipel said to me, he's a bit "special" in the head) in Riombara and now he stalls the effort against Aurvandil in Dwilight. Maybe I should have a talk with him...