Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360536 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #615: November 22, 2012, 03:48:05 AM »
Because remember, the Lurias scheming against D'Hara for over 4 years is fine, D'Hara considering some payback for a few weeks is atrocious.

lol I love !@#$ like this coming out of your own mouth...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #616: November 22, 2012, 03:51:01 AM »
lol I love !@#$ like this coming out of your own mouth...

As opposed to your mouth, which is practically a sewage pipe? Yeah, I love it too.

And yeah, as far as I know, D'hara and GDoF (it exists!) were Luria's favorite sparring partners when Luria took a break from sparring each other.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #617: November 22, 2012, 03:57:26 AM »
The shifty opportunist , the traitor and the stooge. What other characters will come out to greet me?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #618: November 22, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »
As opposed to your mouth, which is practically a sewage pipe? Yeah, I love it too.

And yeah, as far as I know, D'hara and GDoF (it exists!) were Luria's favorite sparring partners when Luria took a break from sparring each other.

D'Hara was never actually attacked before, though it came close on a few occasions. The threat has been looming over our heads since day 1, however.

Fissoa, on the other hand, got ganked plenty of times. However, it must be said that they initiated most if not all of these wars, thinking they could pull it off while being way over their heads.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #619: November 22, 2012, 04:00:31 AM »
Let me get this straight: the Moot and the SA (I know, not a crusade, but whatever) go to war against Aurvandil. Luria was asked to help, but instead it declared war on D'Hara (a Moot realm). Not a move that really warms up the trust issues.

Now LN claims to want peace so that it can go help in the war against Aurvandil, and claims that D'Hara is the one that's at fault - when the whole mess could have been avoided had LN just supported the war against Aurvandil in the first place. And LN expects the Moot and SA to somehow trust them this time, despite the fact that it was LN who started the war anyway?

:|

It's more complicated than that.

First off, Luria did declare war on Aurvandil. However, due to...a series of complicated internal problems (which I can go into if you really want me to...), it was no longer politically possible to continue the war against Aurvandil. There was another faction within Luria that desired war against D'Hara for particular purposes. The rest of Luria was persuaded to go along with that because it was, at the time, the only way to keep Luria together. (Actually, to some extent, it has continued to be so.) It's not, you must understand, specifically the war against D'Hara that serves this purpose, but a war against outsiders generally.

As I pointed out to Lanyon, Luria Nova truly believes that if we let Aurvandil devour the west, they will turn their faces east and be the stronger for their meal.

Luria Nova has every intention of fighting Aurvandil. We have all along. The only question has been whether it would be before D'Hara was crushed or after. If D'Hara will let go of their foolish attachment to Luria Vesperi and agree to stop our war for the time being, then we can all get about destroying the threat to all of us.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #620: November 22, 2012, 04:11:27 AM »
Is it weird that the biggest reason i want us to win besides wanting my realm to survive is just to hear the things y'all say when we win/stalemate?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #621: November 22, 2012, 04:12:26 AM »
Luria Nova has every intention of fighting Aurvandil. We have all along. The only question has been whether it would be before D'Hara was crushed or after. If D'Hara will let go of their foolish attachment to Luria Vesperi and agree to stop our war for the time being, then we can all get about destroying the threat to all of us.

Then kill LV so we can get this over with, already! I do not believe D'Hara will ditch LV until LV is proven beyond reasonable doubt to be a liability, either militarily or diplomatically, which means you'll either have to annex their capital or beat them so bad that the realm crumbles internally and that D'Hara no longer recognizes the people in charge anymore.

None of this prevents you from declaring war on Aurvandil right now, however.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #622: November 22, 2012, 04:14:41 AM »
Then kill LV so we can get this over with, already! I do not believe D'Hara will ditch LV until LV is proven beyond reasonable doubt to be a liability, either militarily or diplomatically, which means you'll either have to annex their capital or beat them so bad that the realm crumbles internally and that D'Hara no longer recognizes the people in charge anymore.

We're moving as fast as I think can be reasonably expected. It's not like we can kill Aurvandil over the course of a few hours, after all ;D

None of this prevents you from declaring war on Aurvandil right now, however.

And doing what? Fighting a 3-front war, with one of the fronts being a week's travel or more away?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #623: November 22, 2012, 04:17:39 AM »
Stuff
You have argued this already OOC,  and that's fine but for the umpteenth time, we have 0 reason to believe IC. Every action taken by LN suggests they are not against Aurvandil, and only want peace with D'hara to destroy LV, so that it's easier to destroy D'hara. Try and tell me one in game thing that suggests otherwise that has been shared with D'hara. Maybe you can think of one but I know I can't.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #624: November 22, 2012, 04:18:47 AM »
You have argued this already OOC,  and that's fine but for the umpteenth time, we have 0 reason to believe IC.

Ah!

This, I can understand.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens when LV dies.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #625: November 22, 2012, 04:22:09 AM »
And doing what? Fighting a 3-front war, with one of the fronts being a week's travel or more away?

Nah. Just scare their peasants !@#$less with yet another war declaration. Aurvandil's got greater threats on its hands than to be able to send anything at you anyways. Could help convince a few people that LN truly does want to fight Aurvandil down the road, too.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #626: November 22, 2012, 04:29:13 AM »
Why are all of these discussions and attempts at persuasion and politics not being done IC?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #627: November 22, 2012, 04:31:14 AM »
Why are all of these discussions and attempts at persuasion and politics not being done IC?

Because both camps are too narrow-minded to consider anything from a perspective other than their own.  ;)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #628: November 22, 2012, 04:31:43 AM »
Because both camps are too narrow-minded to consider anything from a perspective other than their own.  ;)

And you're trying to overcome that OOC why?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #629: November 22, 2012, 04:35:01 AM »
And you're trying to overcome that OOC why?

I'm just doing OOC commenting. It's nice to know, as a player, what's going on in other parts of the game worlds.

I'm not really trying to overcome anything: I stated D'Hara's position, and how unlikely it was for that position to change. Any serious scheming would NOT be done on this public forum where everyone can see... This is just general interests talks.