Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360594 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #630: November 22, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »
I'm just doing OOC commenting. It's nice to know, as a player, what's going on in other parts of the game worlds.

I'm not really trying to overcome anything: I stated D'Hara's position, and how unlikely it was for that position to change. Any serious scheming would NOT be done on this public forum where everyone can see... This is just general interests talks.

Yeah I dunno. The line between informing and convincing is blurred in the best of circumstances, this thread being far from those.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #631: November 22, 2012, 05:22:38 AM »
Yeah I dunno. The line between informing and convincing is blurred in the best of circumstances, this thread being far from those.
What is with people thinking just because something is debated OOC it will effect everything in game? My character has the same opinion as before, though it wasn't really going to be affected by this at all anyways. Maybe the complainers can't separate OOC from IC but those of us debating can.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: November 22, 2012, 05:29:10 AM »
Maybe the complainers can't separate OOC from IC but those of us debating can.

Considering how often people debate things OOC and then change their minds IC... nope, you're wrong?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: November 22, 2012, 05:43:04 AM »
Or how after a span of time OOC and IC are mixed and mashed and the exact context or where it came from totally forgotten.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: November 22, 2012, 06:08:57 AM »
I wanna tv show(soap opera) thats set in medieval era with Chenier,Mendicant,Allison,Glaumring and the rest of "big dogs" in it. I would watch it all the time...
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: November 22, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »
Considering how often people debate things OOC and then change their minds IC... nope, you're wrong?
Or how after a span of time OOC and IC are mixed and mashed and the exact context or where it came from totally forgotten.
Can either of you give evidence/examples of this?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: November 22, 2012, 06:10:31 AM »
Can either of you give evidence/examples of this?

I don't want to accuse people of violating the social contract so no.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: November 22, 2012, 06:13:21 AM »

That's rich. Like the time you took something dustole said IC?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: November 22, 2012, 06:39:49 AM »
I don't want to accuse people of violating the social contract so no.
I don't mean to be rude but just because you think some people are violating the SC but you don't want to accuse them, I will not debating stuff and talking about it OOC. If everyone is doing it then there shouldn't be boards to discuss this stuff so it can't happen and if its only a few, make the accusations or deal with it.
― G.K. Chesterton

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: November 22, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »
I don't see the problem here. It's not like we're going to destroy LV because Chenier told us to do so on the forum. There's a million IC reasons to destroy LV and only about a dozen of those involve D'Hara.

Hroppa

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #640: November 22, 2012, 10:43:12 AM »
I wanna tv show(soap opera) thats set in medieval era with Chenier,Mendicant,Allison,Glaumring and the rest of "big dogs" in it. I would watch it all the time...

...have you seen Game of Thrones?

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #641: November 22, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
...have you seen Game of Thrones?

Yea but this would be more interesting, having all of them in one room arguing about stuff each episode and plotting evil plans and every episode different person gets stabbed in the back.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:43:43 PM by MediumTedium »
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: November 22, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
That's rich. Like the time you took something dustole said IC?

The difference is I did not deny my wrong doing. And made extra effort to never do it again.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:04:08 PM by Glaumring »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #643: November 22, 2012, 07:06:38 PM »
Yea but this would be more interesting, having all of them in one room arguing about stuff each episode and plotting evil plans and every episode different person gets stabbed in the back.

That's pretty much Game of Thrones....with the exception that they don't all stand in the same room at once. They argue in more pseudo methods which is pretty realistic. What's the fun of direct arguments when you can argue about something unrelated and still be fighting the person?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: November 22, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »
Battlemaster: the closest thing to arguing/ backstabbing / lying / killing/ pillaging game of thrones style.