Author Topic: Luria  (Read 359593 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #645: November 23, 2012, 03:12:21 AM »
I can understand it said IC as propaganda as much as wanted, but the fact the players involved believe it seriously surprises me. The Lurias attacked D'Hara because it was a good opportunity, and because they had more faith in their ability to overcome the desert. The fact that D'Hara considered attacking the Lurias before was just a convenient excuse, for the Lurias have been planning to attack D'Hara since forever. It was just a matter of time, if not before the war with Aurvandil then after.

If Lord Luriant claims the D'Harans are traitorous scumbags for considering attacking them my character will nod and fully agree. If Player Luriani says the same I'd ask him then what do the Lurias deserve for have been considering the same thing since the very moment I joined the game.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #646: November 25, 2012, 04:56:35 AM »
Hahahahahaha, Luria makes me 'lol'.

So silly.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #647: November 29, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
I have to say that things are looking bad for Luria Vesperi. Despite of the fact that my character is completely neutral in the matter, I really hope, as a player, that the nobles of Vesperi can make a comeback..

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #648: November 29, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »
Can't say I hope the same thing. :)

LV is kind of a nuisance in wait of bigger fights. Be they against Morek or Aurvandil.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #649: November 29, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »
Sweet, Malus has a new region.  8)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #650: November 29, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
Sweet, Malus has a new region.  8)

SP joined Sun Hall? Good times mate.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #651: November 29, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
SP joined Sun Hall? Good times mate.

I'm not really sure why. There are a couple of factors that the code takes into account. I don't think it was geography this time. Alas, I also have about zero say in who the appointee is. Not that it matters. The likely lord/lady will just as surely infuriate the Vesperi as anyone that Malus would have picked.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #652: November 30, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »
I imagine whoever gets it will be enough to cause some uproar. After all, it's a desirable doughnut.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #653: December 09, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »
I'm not really sure why. There are a couple of factors that the code takes into account. I don't think it was geography this time. Alas, I also have about zero say in who the appointee is. Not that it matters. The likely lord/lady will just as surely infuriate the Vesperi as anyone that Malus would have picked.

I imagine whoever gets it will be enough to cause some uproar. After all, it's a desirable doughnut.

I think you guys exaggerated here; Alice was a great candidate, but I don't think uproars were had.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #654: January 02, 2013, 05:01:03 AM »
I think you guys exaggerated here; Alice was a great candidate, but I don't think uproars were had.

Well, that turned out differently than I thought it would.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #655: January 02, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »
Well, that turned out differently than I thought it would.

HAHA. JOKE'S ON YOU, QUEEN! ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #656: January 02, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »
HAHA. JOKE'S ON YOU, QUEEN! ;)
So...why is being queen a bad thing?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #657: January 03, 2013, 01:17:06 AM »

SWOOSH
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #658: January 03, 2013, 04:11:01 AM »

Because it's Luria

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #659: January 03, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »
Wow. I take my eyes off Luria for a second, and next thing I know Alanna resides in Askileon and an Arundel warms the throne. Hot damn.