Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360922 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #660: January 04, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
Because it's Luria

Might as well paint a target on your back.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #661: January 04, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
Yes, but she does have Alanna giving her pointers on how to dance in an arrow storm.

(...I can just picture Alice dancing madly to avoid all the arrows, while Alanna sits off to the side, out of the line of fire, sipping tea and calling out advice...)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #662: January 04, 2013, 10:39:12 PM »
Might as well paint a target on your back.

Precisely. Please make it alternating black and yellow in order to increase visibility from a distance. Kthx. :D

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #663: January 04, 2013, 10:58:19 PM »
Yes, but she does have Alanna giving her pointers on how to dance in an arrow storm.

(...I can just picture Alice dancing madly to avoid all the arrows, while Alanna sits off to the side, out of the line of fire, sipping tea and calling out advice...)

Nor is it ever really in Malus' interests to create instability unnecessarily. I think she'll be fine. For the most part.  ;D

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #664: January 04, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »

Alanna sounds like a master of Lurian politics who is staying out of power and the public eye by choice, from what I hear OOC.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #665: January 04, 2013, 11:45:46 PM »
Alanna sounds like a master of Lurian politics who is staying out of power and the public eye by choice, from what I hear OOC.

Alanna invented Lurian politics.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #666: January 05, 2013, 12:00:41 AM »
Alanna invented Lurian politics.
It seemed like it. A bit of an add-on would be I see here as a bit of a grandmaster-type that's kinda retired, though I don't mean retired exactly.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #667: January 05, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »
Being a lurian queen is easy, you should strive to become empress!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #668: January 05, 2013, 01:41:29 AM »
Being a lurian queen is easy, you should strive to become empress!

Point.

Also something only Alanna has ever pulled off.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #669: January 05, 2013, 03:05:26 AM »

Alanna is the only remnant of the old Pian en Luries from its founding day, and probably one of the bitchinest rulers in Dwilight history. If there was a record for most attempted or succesful coups survived, she'd be a clear winner :p

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #670: January 05, 2013, 05:12:13 AM »
Being a lurian queen is easy

Based on what? I can only think of four people who have ever held that title, and one of those was by marriage.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #671: January 05, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Based on what? I can only think of four people who have ever held that title, and one of those was by marriage.

Sup. Took me all of like a week.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #672: January 06, 2013, 12:48:52 AM »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #673: January 06, 2013, 01:02:13 AM »
Sup. Took me all of like a week.

Oh, that's right; I'd forgotten that Jonsu was married to Sevastian during the period he was Arbiter. So that's two by marriage.
Timothy Collett

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #674: January 06, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »

Forget being the actual Monarch. It's all about being the Prince-Consort. All of the benefit, zero responsibility, regular loving from the Queen.

Hendrick Madigan: 1
Everyone who married for love, not power: 0
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me