Author Topic: Luria  (Read 358688 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #675: January 06, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »
Forget being the actual Monarch. It's all about being the Prince-Consort. All of the benefit, zero responsibility, regular loving from the Queen.

Hendrick Madigan: 1
Everyone who married for love, not power: 0

Reads:

Hendrick Madigan being beaten by his more manly wife.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #676: January 07, 2013, 03:37:28 AM »
For the most part.

Thanks... I think?

Reads:
Hendrick Madigan being beaten by his more manly wife.

Be a nice change of pace in the relationship.

Based on what? I can only think of four five people who have ever held that title, and one of those was by marriage.

Alanna, Katerina, Alice, and Jonsu (but not with formal power). Who's the fifth I'm missing here? Katayanna?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:43:37 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #677: January 08, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
Just read this entire thread in an effort to learn about Luria Kung FU

The Result:  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vMO3XmNXe4
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #678: January 09, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »
Just read this entire thread in an effort to learn about Luria Kung FU

The Result:  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vMO3XmNXe4

You've only scratched the surface.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #679: January 11, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »
Alanna is the only remnant of the old Pian en Luries from its founding day, and probably one of the bitchinest rulers in Dwilight history. If there was a record for most attempted or succesful coups survived, she'd be a clear winner :p

That's not even remotely fair.

She only survived them because they were orchestrated by the worst dissenter in the history of Pian en Luries. It takes two to tango.

Also, it helps that Alanna was giving out some serious cool-aid for her nobles to drink, because no one figured out she was one of the most annoying rulers in Dwilight history until it was their turn to try and seize power.

P.S. Is Brom the second oldest Lurian still on Dwilight? I joined Pian en Luries in the days before Alanna first took the throne.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #680: January 12, 2013, 12:02:42 AM »
That's not even remotely fair.

She only survived them because they were orchestrated by the worst dissenter in the history of Pian en Luries. It takes two to tango.

Oh, I'm so sorry, you're absolutely right! There was only one person who was ever trying to overthrow Alanna in the whole four years she ruled it!

...hang on...

...wait...

...no...

...No, that's completely wrong.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #681: January 12, 2013, 12:31:07 AM »
Alice actually has a pretty reasonable chance at the Empress title. With LV about to be "peaceafied" and LN being vaguely supportive of a leader while there's a war on, she might just pip it.

As long as she can convince everyone in the conflict to keep going on up to D'hara she might retain the realm in a slightly cohesive way. Of course, the moment there's peace you know it will all fall apart. She just has to draw up a list of targets. LV, D'hara, Swordfell, *blam!*. No more potential targets, Luria does what it always does.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #682: January 12, 2013, 12:51:56 AM »
Alice actually has a pretty reasonable chance at the Empress title. With LV about to be "peaceafied" and LN being vaguely supportive of a leader while there's a war on, she might just pip it.

As long as she can convince everyone in the conflict to keep going on up to D'hara she might retain the realm in a slightly cohesive way. Of course, the moment there's peace you know it will all fall apart. She just has to draw up a list of targets. LV, D'hara, Swordfell, *blam!*. No more potential targets, Luria does what it always does.

Aurvandil? Falkirk? Nice targets to keep people occupied...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #683: January 12, 2013, 01:35:53 AM »
Possibly. A slight detour after LV, muck around down south a bit (no doubt making enemies along the way, negotiating with Fissoa for territory would be a hassle),then onto D'hara and Swordfell.

Still, it might not be too wise to get several battlefronts going at once. LN has enough troubles getting everyone all doing one thing at the same time. Two things? At the same time? Without infighting or someone trying to seceed?

Probably best to just try and get one thing done at a time for now. Plus, D'harans look funny.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #684: January 12, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »
Samboji, you do realize that Swordfell is led by a Lurian?

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #685: January 12, 2013, 02:04:21 AM »
One that seceeded from LN to Morek, due mainly to him casting insults towards kings, nobles and ladies. As well as being slightly insulted himself due to his poor record recently as a cavalry commander. Then he formed Swordfell proper (possibly annoying Morek as well).

I don't know of the politics behind it, but usually when a duchy up and leaves a kingdom without allowance because they're having a tizzy for being recognized as a bit of a fool, then said noble forms a kingdom of their own out of their former kingdom's lands, then people may get the thought in their head to take that land back.

Lurian yes. Power-hungry rebel leader of an illegitimate kingdom. Yes. Sevastion has it all.

Actually, that really does mark him out as having the highest ideals of the Lurian realms.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #686: January 12, 2013, 02:11:51 AM »
You apparently know nothing of Luria. Get to know your recent history before making such bold and mistaken statements.

Sevastian and the Duchy surrounding Balance's Retreat have been tied together since the region was taken by Solaria (before the colonization of any of Swordfell happened by the Morekians).

Sevastian's record as a cavalry commander isn't damaged, his reputation as a general took a hit because he tried to work with Bohdan instead of just laying out a clear plan for the newer general to follow.

Sevastian having been the last Arbiter of Solaria, and the way Solaria fell apart, has left him with a fierce devotion to his land and the ideal Lurian empire.

The land Sevastian owns wasn't formerly Luria Novan, it was formerly sovereign land belonging to Solaria and therefore Sevastian.

He is no rebel, by any means.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #687: January 12, 2013, 02:32:10 AM »
By those accounts, then by the gods, you're right! Allison should rule all of SA again.

Anyway, while I make the occaisional observation or joke here, don't expect the IG stuff to be effected by anything on the forums here. From a relative newcomer to Dwilight, yes, Sevastion appears to be a rebel. It appears that Solaria is no more, and he up and left the current contender for the title of the Lurian empire in a huff.

Whilst I don't expect it to really translate fluently to IG (not without the normal amount of backstabbing and whining anyway), what would Swordfell's view on a Lurian Empire be? Would they consider it illegitimate in a historical context?

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #688: January 12, 2013, 02:36:11 AM »
Sev wants Swordfell to a part of the empire. His duchy is already recognized as the northern bastion of Luria.

And Sevastian didn't leave in a huff, he got kicked out by a greedy and cowardly king and his puppet judge.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #689: January 12, 2013, 02:42:33 AM »
Interesting.

Anyway, since I'm kicking back, having a drink, and have some long and boring takeoverizing to do for the next couple of turns, I feel a "Sha'shanti Moment" coming on for my next few posts in BM.

There's got to be something to say that's funny. She's become quite methodical, reliable and boring recently :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:44:14 AM by Samboji »