Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360607 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #690: January 12, 2013, 02:51:07 AM »
Interesting.

Anyway, since I'm kicking back, having a drink, and have some long and boring takeoverizing to do for the next couple of turns, I feel a "Sha'shanti Moment" coming on for my next few posts in BM.

There's got to be something to say that's funny. She's become quite methodical, reliable and boring recently :)

Hahahahahaha! Good Lurian. :)

Gotta have something to do.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #691: January 12, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
Sev wants Swordfell to a part of the empire. His duchy is already recognized as the northern bastion of Luria.

And Sevastian didn't leave in a huff, he got kicked out by a greedy and cowardly king and his puppet judge.

Yea right, you just wanted to divide up LN again without the consent of the king, ofcourse he is greedy because he wont let that happen. And really, cowardly, is that the best you can come up with? The long line with defeated enemies had far more creative names to describe fulco.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #692: January 12, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
Yea right, you just wanted to divide up LN again without the consent of the king, ofcourse he is greedy because he wont let that happen. And really, cowardly, is that the best you can come up with? The long line with defeated enemies had far more creative names to describe fulco.

Right, because that King was going to return the lands that he'd gained illegally and in breach of the treaties that had been signed.

"just divide up LN"? You obviously have no idea what I was trying to do if that's all yo think.

Cowardly is an accurate descriptor of Fulco from Sevastian's eyes. He refused to uphold the Imperial Charter and betrayed a fellow Lurian Monarch, and when confronted about it, he refused to give an answer. So... I don't need to come up with anything better, the truth is sufficient.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #693: January 12, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Correction, he's betrayed THREE Lurian monarchs ;-)

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #694: January 12, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
Fulco had to chose between Malus or Sevastian, easy choice.... You call it greed, fine, he just cares about one thing and that is the duchy of Giask and he will do whatever he needs to do to protect it. If a northern duchy is in the same realm fine, or not, but than under leadership of a normal person and not sevastian.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #695: January 12, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Fulco had to chose between Malus or Sevastian, easy choice.... You call it greed, fine, he just cares about one thing and that is the duchy of Giask and he will do whatever he needs to do to protect it. If a northern duchy is in the same realm fine, or not, but than under leadership of a normal person and not sevastian.

No, Fulco had to choose between being honourable or being a greedy prat. You chose the latter.

Your talk of Giask has no bearing on the actions your character took against mine, as Giask has /never/ been a goal of his. Other than getting Fulco off the ducal seat, because Fulco is an idiot.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #696: January 12, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »
The way Sevastian behaved would have caused a war between Luria Nova and Solaria, choosing for Malus prevented it. We didn't trust Sevastian and his actions/words didn't actually inspire faith in the novan council/noble base, yes, part of it is to blame on a former general, but that didn't change the fact the majority would rather have fought Solaria than Dhara or vespers. Sevastian claims to have good plans, yet he presents it on such a way that it only creates supporters among a small group of nobles.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #697: January 12, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »
Right, trying to unify Luria and get an effective assault on Dhara, creating a new realm for 'the small group of supporters' was definitely Sevastian trying to cause war between Solaria and Nova.

* Woelfy facepalms at the lack of logic of Fulco.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #698: January 12, 2013, 08:20:40 PM »
More that Luria Nova would have called for your head...

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #699: January 12, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »
More that Luria Nova would have called for your head...

Right I forgot, your mindless minions can't stand the idea that someone else has a good idea and gets to have fun in this game. My bad.

8)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #700: January 13, 2013, 02:12:54 AM »
Right I forgot, your mindless minions can't stand the idea that someone else has a good idea and gets to have fun in this game. My bad.

8)

Dude, you lost. It's Luria. Complaining on the forums is just making it worse.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #701: January 13, 2013, 02:49:41 AM »
Lol.

When have I refuted the fact that I lost? My character got played hard, I am perfectly content admitting it.

Me not liking Fulco's feeble attempts to justify it after the fact, yes, that I will bring up. Hardly a complaint though.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #702: January 15, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »
The Tybalt breaks the terms of the peace agreement between LN and LV.
D'Hara signs a peace even as its ambassador clumsily reveals that they're planning to land in LN soon.
LN finds a reason to (for the first time) fully commit to war with D'Hara.
Meanwhile, Fissoa's about to fall under the hammer of Aurvandil.

Welp. Just another day in SE Dwilight.  ::)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #703: January 15, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »
D'Hara signs a peace even as its ambassador clumsily reveals that they're planning to land in LN soon.

oh boy
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #704: January 15, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »

I am so insanely angry. JUST when things were turning around...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner