Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360969 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Luria
« Reply #750: January 15, 2013, 10:04:28 PM »
And by Gustav Kuriga.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #751: January 15, 2013, 10:56:22 PM »
Hireshmont already is. I'm sorry, I don't know how he bribed his way to the elders of SA, but I've only ever heard bad things about him. (Including his realm-mates while he was leader)

That's because you run in shady circles, my good fellow. And probably talked to Alura, who was herself, from time to time, rather shady. Hireshmont II is the closest I've ever played to a "good" character, i.e. one with no big dark side, evil spy ring, sadism, or reckless self-obsessed ambition. He's generally pretty out and honest with everybody, and has never really been one to conceal his intentions. If he was going to bribe somebody he would do it by publicly announcing that he was giving 3,000 gold to someone, then, a month later, he would privately and quietly contact them just to make a courtesy call and let them know how things were going in Terran. Then, a month after that, he'd make a casual request for help on something.

Regarding SA, Hireshmont actually never even asked for an Eldership. He got Luminary without asking for it, then Light without asking for it. Like, seriously– for all the politicking Allison and her allies did, Hireshmont's rise to eldership has been close to effortless.

And regarding Luria... Hireshmont and Malus get along well. But Hireshmont does not generally like Luria or Lurians (deceptive, backstabbing, monarchist, largely heathen swine)– but he really hates the Orvandeaux. And he doesn't see any productive future in conflict with the Lurias. So he actively tries to be friends with them, whatever his feelings, because hostilities won't help him in any of his objectives.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #752: January 15, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
6) Everything is going good until WHAM! New duchy! And Alice was all like "Bitch you best give dat !@#$ back or ima cut ya!" and Rynn responded "!@#$ yo couch! Quite cryin cause you lost. Not my fault you didn't see that !@#$ coming. !@#$ nah I didn't know about it bitch!" So basically, to a D'Haran, LuriLogic took over: "Say what? D'Hara's back is turned again? AND we can ake cassus beli? Lucky we got this backstabby knife all set..."

I laughed for quite some time, in regards to that first part.

11) Rynn moaned about money and food, as if those were legitimate reasons for holding regions that his realm had no claim to.

12) Alice was like "Yo, you're wrong, but we can work this shizzle out, holmes." And thus a really nice proposal was introduced, where everyone gets what they want.

13).....

14) Profit.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #753: January 15, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
Hell, quite the jump in pages we have had here. I usually am not online at the morning, so I guess that today some kind of divine inspiration made me check it to go: WTF???  :o
D'Espana Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #754: January 15, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »
I am so insanely angry. JUST when things were turning around...

Surprised at Lurian making bull!@#$ up again? Really, you should seriously expect this from Lurians by now.

Also, ouch, 49 new messages today. Was painful to go through.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #755: January 16, 2013, 12:18:52 AM »

I swear if Rynn or any D'Haran pulls one more idiotic stunt that antagonizes the Lurias, Hireshmont will go ape-!@#$ crazy. This has been too long and painful a wait for peace to have it get screwed up again.

Yea... D'Hara pulling an idiotic stunt.

You SERIOUSLY put far too much trust in the Lurias. And obviously haven't had to deal with them as a neighbor for all of your realm's existence.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #756: January 16, 2013, 01:55:17 AM »
Lurians do tend to make the game interesting, though.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: January 16, 2013, 05:16:25 AM »
Yea... D'Hara pulling an idiotic stunt.

You SERIOUSLY put far too much trust in the Lurias. And obviously haven't had to deal with them as a neighbor for all of your realm's existence.

No, I understand this wasn't D'Hara's fault.

I'm referencing the last two months of war, the irrational alliance with LV, and Rynn's general impetuous unwillingness to be Hireshmont's eastern lackey. Thinking you're allowed to have an independent foreign policy! The nerve!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #758: January 16, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
As a Novan character, rather new and completely unaware of the former history, disputes or pacts with other nations, I've found the last couple of days annoying. I sort of wasted my last two weeks of playing time in a war against our closest friends/enemies, only to have it become "They're D'harans now. D'harans are our friends (or people we can't attack at least). No, ignore the last two months of war against them. Your new enemy is: insert enemy of a badly thought out diplomatic policy here.

Fortunately for my character, she wanted nothing more than to end the war against Luria Vesperi and begin conquering D'hara. She was assisting in taking over a region that was rich in both food and gold. She is now in D'hara for some reason. D'harans usually have lots of gold, but no food. She now has D'haran gold. She is happy. She'll go shopping soon :)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #759: January 16, 2013, 11:37:53 AM »
Also, ouch, 49 new messages today. Was painful to go through.

Really?

Did I ever tell you about the night where there were three entirely independent !@#$storms going on in the Dwilight University, SA and Luria, and I woke up to 178 new messages? Good times. ::)
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #760: January 16, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »
No, I understand this wasn't D'Hara's fault.

I'm referencing the last two months of war, the irrational alliance with LV, and Rynn's general impetuous unwillingness to be Hireshmont's eastern lackey. Thinking you're allowed to have an independent foreign policy! The nerve!

Hireshmont needs to stop seeing everyone as his lackeys. It's starting to show, and it's destroying his respect and influence.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: January 16, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
Surprised at Lurian making bull!@#$ up again? Really, you should seriously expect this from Lurians by now.

Surprised at D'Harans howling with hypocritical outrage when the same tactics they use are visited upon them? There, now that we've both gotten the necessary stupidities out of the way, would you care to elaborate on the specifics of the "bull!@#$" so we can all learn something?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:55:11 PM by Solari »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #762: January 16, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Surprised at D'Harans howling with hypocritical outrage when the same tactics they use are visited upon them? There, now that we've both gotten the necessary stupidities out of the way, would you care to elaborate on the specifics of the "bull!@#$" so we can all learn something?

Hypocritical outrage? Same tactics? What on Dwilight are you going on about?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #763: January 16, 2013, 11:27:45 PM »
He's acting Lurian.

Because, obviously, D'Hara is the aggressor here.

As always. Obviously. Never mind the fact that it never declared war on any Lurian nation. Or backed down on its word.

But hey, they honestly believe their crap. Their new queen though that D'Hara had "declared war to protect Luria Vesperi", when Luria Nova and Solaria had been the ones to declare war on D'Hara. She also brought up a bunch of bullocks about D'Hara having always been Lurian, when the previous deal they offered to D'Hara explicitly stated that Luria Nova would recognize Sallowcape as D'Haran. And they get uppity about a ceasefire agreement in order to attack a third party actually includes, you know, a clause that states that action will be taken against said party? I was expecting some of the clauses that were added without my knowing to be contentious, but no, it's the clause about actually having to eventually get involved, as opposed to letting D'Hara start another front to then better backstab it...

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #764: January 17, 2013, 01:21:39 AM »
Rynn: that was a joke. Chénier avoided a simple, well-intentioned question and instead lobbed a turd, and I responded in kind. I'm glad you found my comment bewildering, and maybe even a little counterproductive. You can imagine how many people have come to feel after years of Chénier demonstrating an unwillingness to converse about things-involving-Chénier like someone who isn't running for public office, selling something, or deluded.

Chénier: the question was pretty simple. What was the specific "bull!@#$" to which you referred? Why don't you give people a chance to respond?