Author Topic: Luria  (Read 361060 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #780: January 19, 2013, 01:56:33 AM »
Luria Vesperi's harmless, nothing would have stopped you from doing both things at the same time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #781: January 19, 2013, 01:57:51 AM »

3. Why is it unreasonable?

"11. D'Hara and Luria Nova will have up to one month to make an official declaration of war and attack upon one of the southern orvando-saxon realms.
11.1 If such a declaration and attack do not happen within a month, the realms Luria Nova will be expected to contribute to the other's campaign. As soon as the month deadline expires, the faulty party Luria Nova will be expected to donate 2000 gold to the other party. If a week passes by past the deadline, again without an attack, a new donation of 5000 gold will be expected. If an attack is still not held a week after then, and for every week that follows, donations of 10000 gold will be expected. If the realm Luria Nova has not only failed to attack, but has also not made a single war declaration, this amounts will be doubled."

D'Hara was obviously ready to invade, with an army (which was about to attack Girich (surprise again)) close to its capital and ready to set sail. Luria Nova, on the other hand, was and still is concluding its war with Luria Vesperi. Lands must be consolidated, taken care of, and armies refitted. Plus, things had (still have) to be rectified within the realm.

I was looking at 1-2 months time, before war. Luria Nova already made its own promises, and was set to declare war when it was good and able to. I'm sorry that Luria Nova is an independent realm, and would like to do things on its own?
Total bull!@#$ on your edits because its perfectly equal. D'hara has not declared war on either of the Orvando-Saxon realms and we have not fought a battle in weeks. I will agree, the amount of money is !@#$ing insane, and I have no idea whoever wrote that put those amounts.

D'hara was sending in an invasion force when you offered peace. Basically you are complaining that we were sending in forces to attack a realm we were at war with because as soon as the peace talks began all forces sent to invade Girich were ordered back to the capital.

With LN needing to finish up LV, I do agree a month is a bit quick to have declared war and fought a battle in, but you can't expect us to be just like, "You plan on declaring war when the fighting is done with so that you don't have to do !@#$. Na, I understand you are don't want to do one of the key terms of peace and you expect 0 punishment if you do agree to it but don't do anything." You might be an independent nation but if you are making peace you can expect their to be some sort of timeframe when a term of the peace treaty must be done and Rynn was doing the right thing by talking about punishment for not abiding to that term by talking about it before the treaty was broken with that aspect.

P.S. I originally said that the amount requested in compensation for not declaring war and fighting a battle was ridiculous as I see that as most of D'hara's gold going to LN but as we weren't planning on breaking the treaty it seems quite fair due to LN's economy. Honestly, everyone goes D'hara is so rich but the amounts you are saying your knights are making per week is similar to what I recall when I was. D'haran knight and you guys have more land.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #782: January 19, 2013, 02:41:18 AM »
Luria Vesperi's harmless, nothing would have stopped you from doing both things at the same time.
Lands must be consolidated, taken care of, and armies refitted. Plus, things had (still have) to be rectified within the realm.

I wasn't talking about Luria Vesperi's armies. Moreover, have you read any of the reports on the Aurvandil army? It's pretty gosh darn big. It was in everyone's best interest to send the entirety of Luria Nova's armies, D'Hara included, so that we could have a chance at winning. Sorry for wanting to win a war I was already going to take part in?

Total bull!@#$ on your edits because its perfectly equal.
Lands must be consolidated, taken care of, and armies refitted. Plus, things had (still have) to be rectified within the realm.

I don't know if you noticed, but we're in the middle of something.

D'hara was sending in an invasion force when you offered peace. Basically you are complaining that we were sending in forces to attack a realm we were at war with because as soon as the peace talks began all forces sent to invade Girich were ordered back to the capital.

No... no that's not what I'm saying at all. See the following (this also pertains to the previous quote of yours.)

D'Hara was obviously ready to invade, with an army (which was about to attack Girich (surprise again)) close to its capital and ready to set sail.
D'hara was sending in an invasion force when you offered peace... all forces sent to invade Girich were ordered back to the capital.

Aaaaand my point. When I used the term invade, I was making reference to the invasion of Aurvandil: I thought that obvious due to the quote above my statement. Not to mention, the force already refitted. That's why I included the Girich part, in order to highlight the very probable assumption that it was battle ready. If it wasn't (which would be quite odd) it was close to your capital regardless, and that would be a supporting fact. When I said "surprise again", I was referencing some statements that claimed an army was never coming to Girich, hence why it got its own brackets.

Chenier: You can stop now.

Penchant: Why do you insist on trying to perpetuate this? I honestly don't care who's OOCly right to demand what from the other, nor do I really care about D'Hara or Luria Nova's gold income. This will have absolutely no effect on Alice whatsoever, and thus pertains to nothing. I simply wished to correct Chenier, since he was trying to talk on my behalf without knowing much of anything. Now I'm trying to disprove your point that things are equal because given the time frame, D'Hara is in a much more favorable position to launch an invasion force and declare war than Luria Nova is: also a fact.

Edit: Effect for affect*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:43:44 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #783: January 19, 2013, 03:49:12 AM »
So the best way to fight Aurvandil is not to send whatever forces you have available, it's not not send any at all.

Right, okay...

And "consolidating"... as if that requires your whole forces. And as if you needed these regions for anything.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #784: January 19, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »
So the best way to fight Aurvandil is not to send whatever forces you have available, it's not not send any at all.

Right, okay...

And "consolidating"... as if that requires your whole forces. And as if you needed these regions for anything.

No. The best way to fight Aurvandil is to fight them with all our forces. I refused the time constraint of a month because I projected 1-2 months needed to finish up everything we had going on.

Right? Okay!

Consolidating our lands takes a portion of our forces, and so does taking Shinnen and Smokey Hills: all - a portion all. The one thing I would need from these regions is for them not to rebel.

Glad you're catching up a little bit here.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #785: January 19, 2013, 04:07:23 AM »
No. The best way to fight Aurvandil is to fight them with all our forces. I refused the time constraint of a month because I projected 1-2 months needed to finish up everything we had going on.

Right? Okay!

Consolidating our lands takes a portion of our forces, and so does taking Shinnen and Smokey Hills: all - a portion all. The one thing I would need from these regions is for them not to rebel.

Glad you're catching up a little bit here.

Yes, thanks for recapping your logic for me: To better fight Aurvandil, you'd rather send no forces at all then send a part of it for now, and the rest later.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #786: January 19, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »
Yes, thanks for recapping your logic for me: To better fight Aurvandil, you'd rather send no forces at all then send a part of it for now, and the rest later.

We weren't talking about now, were we? We were talking about the terms Rynn proposed Alice 5 days ago. So, as I stated above several times, Alice would not agree to a one month time constraint because she felt like she needed 1 or 2 months, in order to launch a successful invasion with all of her forces.  Against a powerful realm, attacking in waves on a distant offensive is a terrible idea.

Let us recap what has changed since! Aurvandil threatened to land in Fissoa, sinking all plans to invade in the near future. As a result, Luria Nova sent "a part" of their forces, increasing Fissoa's odds. Now, the rest of it waits for Duke Tybalt and King Bipel to formally hand over their territories.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #787: January 19, 2013, 04:38:50 AM »
No. The best way to fight Aurvandil is to fight them with all our forces.

I think its much more about how effectively you use your forces not how much you send, especially in this war.
First campaign you send what you can send a campaign later you can fight with all your army.
Don't think that by simply sending everything you have you can defeat Aurvendil at all.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:40:58 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #788: January 19, 2013, 04:47:35 AM »
I think its much more about how effectively you use your forces not how much you send, especially in this war.
First campaign you send what you can send a campaign later you can fight with all your army.
Don't think that by simply sending everything you have you can defeat Aurvendil at all.

You have a much larger chance to win if you attack with a larger force. Usually, in battles, the large force wins, unless the environment plays a big role (like walls or terrain.)

It would be more efficient to take your entire army and attack in one go, for the price of another month, with greater odds of success. This, rather than attacking in waves with pockets of forces, having them all die or take heavy casualties, which would then force them to retreat and refit all the way back home.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #789: January 19, 2013, 05:05:45 AM »
You have a much larger chance to win if you attack with a larger force. Usually, in battles, the large force wins, unless the environment plays a big role (like walls or terrain.)

It would be more efficient to take your entire army and attack in one go, for the price of another month, with greater odds of success. This, rather than attacking in waves with pockets of forces, having them all die or take heavy casualties, which would then force them to retreat and refit all the way back home.
I disagree completely with this because you are not thinking like a group but as an individual. Sure this is true if you plan to tell every other realm fighting to !@#$ off because your not coordinating with any of them and because of that you have no idea where their army is. The war becoming two fronts changes the war completely.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:49:14 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #790: January 19, 2013, 05:25:26 AM »
Wow. I hope no one from Aurvandil is reading this.

@Arundel, Under any circumstances, it is inappropriate to share IG correspondence OOC.

@Nosferatus, Shhh! You're in prison! you can't see any of this!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #791: January 19, 2013, 05:46:45 AM »

@Arundel, Under any circumstances, it is inappropriate to share IG correspondence OOC.

Mwahahahahaha. Your worst fears have come to pass.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #792: January 19, 2013, 05:50:33 AM »

Maybe I edited that a bit too late.
― G.K. Chesterton

MediumTedium

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #793: January 19, 2013, 06:19:50 AM »
Thanks for letting us know!
"If you find you are falling into madness - dive."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #794: January 19, 2013, 06:55:47 AM »
This is OOC so this shouldn't matter.
― G.K. Chesterton